First non-marathon race (Read 769 times)

Today I did my first non-marathon race. I did my first race ever last April at the Country Music Marathon. Today I did the Fall Creek Thaw 15k in Pikeville, TN at Fall Creek Falls State Park and loved it. It definitely didn't have 100,000 fans to cheer me on (more like 25), but it was still great, and I was able to run a great race. I finished 18th out of like 175 or so, so I am definitely excited about that, as well as just running faster than I have ever ran before!!!! Soon to have a complete write up on my blog for those who are MySpacers....
    jorgecrespo

hummm...... So your first race ever was a Marathon? And now you're trying the "other" distances??? Is there a logical explanation for that?
      JakeKnight

Way to go, Makers. Was that one of the park series races? I did the Frostbite Half last year and had a blast. I'd love to do some others. Did you pick up some hardware? I remember some decent trophies considering how cheap the entry fee was. See you on April 26th, my friend. Good luck.
        hummm...... So your first race ever was a Marathon? And now you're trying the "other" distances??? Is there a logical explanation for that?
        Is there a logical explanation for your crappy post?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Yes, very logical. I wanted to do the marathon, so I did. It was great. I finished in 4:16:32 so I was okay with that being my first ever race. I really enjoyed the 15k race. What time are you aiming for with the CMM 08, Jake?

My legs are killing me

That's pretty impressive for your first race. Everything else should be a breeze. Excellent job.
              4:16:32? Very impressive to tackle something like that and run most if not all of it too. You should definitely try some other distances. 5k’s are great because there are a lot more to choose from and short enough that you could race every weekend if you wanted. You’ll find that scheduling races throughout the year is a great way to keep the motivation when you don’t feel like running.

Res firma mitescere nescit
              Running in Tampa