A new life/home for Zeke the Civic Si.... (Read 672 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not long ago some semi-creepy garbage hauler stopped by asking about our non-running '89 Civic Si. I told him that I doubted did would part with it, as it's his baby (first car). I gave him our # and told him to call back and talk to did. Never heard anything more. About a week-and-a-half ago a police officer stopped by (at 11:30 PM...WTF?!) to inform us that the car either needed to be registered or moved out-of-sight (it's been "dead" for about 1.5 years--ever since we bought our Mazda 3...Zeke seemed to know he was going to be retired). At this point did decided that it was time to find a charity to donate the baby to, but needed to find the title, first (likely at the bottom of a box someplace). Today a young guy and his girlfriend stopped by asking about Zeke. He is a Honda geek and wants a Winter beater to use to save on his pretty '94 Acura Integra (with some substantial mods under the hood, bracing inside, racing seats, and other street-racing mods). He and his girlfriend were both very sweet, mature "kids" of 20. They just bought a house in the neighborhood and spotted Zeke almost immediately. Zeke's stubborn. 3 of his 4 brakes are seized-up with rust from living under a tree (and sometimes under a snowbank). I think he doesn't want to leave us. But he doesn't realize that he will live a much happier second life with Josh and his GF. The garbage hauler likely would have sold him for parts, as would the charities. The neighbor guy is going to give Zeke the TLC he deserves--he and his buddies all do extensive work on Hondas and can even do work to replace the rusty areas with metal and repaint him. It will be so nice to see did's baby buzzing around the neighborhood instead of knowing that he's been ripped-apart for his engine, glass, and other useable parts. He'll almost certainly see his 20th birthday in one piece, now. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The voice of mile 18

very cool! and it's always good to know someone handy w/ cars. long live zeke!

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, if we knew someone good with cars or if did had that sort of skill we'd likely keep Zeke and drive him for all eternity ourselves. The neat thing is we have a yearly "car parade" in our community for classic cars. Each Summer hundreds of people enter the parade with their classic cars. I believe the only stipulation is the car has to be at least 20. In 2 years Zeke would qualify. I really hope the new owners might enter with Zeke. It would be such a treat to see him all spiffed-up and zipping down the street again. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Why is it sideways?

I just got my grandfather's 1990 Honda civic hatchback. It's sweet, runs like a champ--and only 165 thousand miles...! Looks like this, but a lovely ochre:
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jeff, that's an awesome car! did is lusting over the Fit, since Honda hasn't made a Civic hatch in years. Your new "baby" is the same era as did's. Good little beasts. Zeke has 220k+ miles on him...just broken in. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Why is it sideways?

Yeah. I like a car with character. Haven't had it long enough to name it, but it's got enough personality to find a good name in due time. I always wanted to name my first born Zeke, by the way.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah. I like a car with character. Haven't had it long enough to name it, but it's got enough personality to find a good name. I always wanted to name my first born Zeke, by the way.
                Hmmm...how 'bout Rufus? I always liked that name. Zeke got his moniker partly because his original plates started with ZK. The rest of our cars have been named more for their physical traits/color, etc. k

~ Sarah Kay

Why is it sideways?

Rufus is good, but it's too early to tell. You gotta let the car name itself. I don't even know its gender yet.
                    It will be so nice to see did's baby buzzing around the neighborhood instead of knowing that he's been ripped-apart for his engine, glass, and other useable parts. He'll almost certainly see his 20th birthday in one piece, now. Smile k
                    That is so cool! What a happy ending for Zeke ! Or rather, a new beginning Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                    Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Josh just came and got Zeke. Since Zeke doesn't run Josh attached Zeke to the back of his Acura and towed Zeke to his house a couple of blocks away with did in Zeke to steer and brake. He's definitely planning to spend next Summer really fixing Zeke up and then racing him. We're so proud! I can't wait to see Zeke all tricked-out! He's even going to keep him white, so we'll definitely recognize him--not exactly a lot of white Si model Civics around town. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

did is lusting over the Fit, since Honda hasn't made a Civic hatch in years.
                        We just got a Fit. Hopefully we'll still be driving it in 20 years. Smile
                        Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, that is SO cool! Nice color, too...I want our next car to be sort of medium colored...our last 2 have been dark and they show dirt/dust/pollen really bad. If Honda keeps making the Fit I'd not be surprised to see one in our driveway in the next 5 years or so. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay