Kilometers?? (Read 846 times)

allibunney

Hiya, First off, solid site you have here! Just wondering, I am used to tracking my runs in km (yes, I'm a Canadian), yet all of my running totals, courses etc. are in miles (even if I put in km when inputing the data). I am new at this...hope you can help! Cheers, Alli
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, allibunny! You can set your units preferences to metric - go to the Options section (see tab in upper right of screen?) and then select Locale Settings. You can choose metric as your default unit system. Beware, though! There's a small bug in the site - units that other people put in for themselves in English won't convert! So you'll see people saying they're 160 kg for example, when they're really 160 lbs... Wink We'll be having a "Virtual 5K / 5Mile" race the weekend of Aug 5/6th. Join us! Watch for the official announcement in a few days...

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

Thanks Janell! I can't get to all the questions as fast as you can because like most people, I need my sleep. Smile Thanks for spotting me when I'm caught sleeping on the job Wink
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Well, if you'd just stay up 24/7 there wouldn't be a problem... Wink Seriously, Eric, I think you need a FAQ page. That would help. Toodles!

vicentefrijole

Seriously, Eric, I think you need a FAQ page.
            That's an excellent idea. I do feel sorry for Eric when he has to explain something to a new user... but I can't really blame the new users since some things are kinda hard to figure out the first time (or the first several times, when it comes to me). Big grin Or perhaps Eric likes meeting all the newbies? Wink
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Maybe the FAQ page could be located using a tab at the top...I think that would be the obvious place that a new user (or even one of us not-so-new) would look. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Maybe the FAQ page could be located using a tab at the top...I think that would be the obvious place that a new user (or even one of us not-so-new) would look. k
                I'm going to modify the page that you see after you create an account that will guide you through customizing your account. That will solve many of these questions. Now I just need to figure out how to squeeze two more hours into the day Big grin
                vicentefrijole

Now I just need to figure out how to squeeze two more hours into the day Big grin
                  If you figure that out, please let me know. I'd like 2 more hours of sleep. ( I suppose I could squeeze 2 more hours out of the day if I didn't spend so much time looking at these forums... but what kind of life would that be?) Big grin
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd like 2 more hours of sleep. ( I suppose I could squeeze 2 more hours out of the day if I didn't spend so much time looking at these forums... but what kind of life would that be?) Big grin
                    I KNOW!!! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Or perhaps Eric likes meeting all the newbies? Wink
                      I think you're right! That must be it!

Or perhaps Eric likes meeting all the newbies? Wink
                        Of course I like to meet my users! Of course I can make this site perfect and so easy to use that you fine folks don't ever need to come to me for help, but then how can I show off the great customer support? Big grin
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

Hmm... Is that kinda like Microsoft making bugs in their programs so that they can provide the patches and fixes? Tongue

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmm... Is that kinda like Microsoft making bugs in their programs so that they can provide the patches and fixes? Tongue
                            *snort* And people wonder why we're a Mac household.... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

allibunney

Thanks! I knew it had to be relatively easy to figure out...
                                *snort* And people wonder why we're a Mac household.... Wink k
                                If there were no patches for Mac OS it would not be due to lack of need. Evil grin
                                Run more.