Mile 1000 logged on RunningAhead (Read 847 times)

Fool

...and I did it on a treadmill. Undecided I know it is a very small accomplishment compared to the many dedicated runners here. In an effort to feel like less of an attention whore, I would like say that I'm pointing this out only because all of you have provided much encouragement along the way, either directly, or indirectly through the many posts I've read. Five years ago, I was the youngest old man you'd ever see. Now I've run a thousand miles (with a lot of room for improvement). Thanks. (I promise. I will not make another post until I have clicked on the donation button, eric Smile )
      Keep up the good work Russ, you getting off the 'mill to run the Olde Salem Green XC this coming weekend?

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

jeffdonahue

Nice job - keep on trucking and the miles will keep adding up faster than you know.

Marquess of Utopia

Nice job, keep on logging the miles!
            Congrats to you! 1,000 is a very big deal.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, the first of many 1000 miles logged, I'm certain! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Fool

Thanks. Hoping to go for 1000 this year, but the 1000-mile bunny is still quite a ways ahead. The year is still young. Training for a half in Boston on Memorial Day weekend, if that goes smooth I may drink the cool aid and train for the NH Marathon in October. Should give me some added miles. and, yes... I donated. Smile
                JayMF

Congratulations! I too broke 1000 miles on my run this evening. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to hit it tonight as I tweaked my calf in a race on Sunday - but it felt decent. Good luck on your half in May!

Fool

Congratulations! I too broke 1000 miles on my run this evening. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to hit it tonight as I tweaked my calf in a race on Sunday - but it felt decent. Good luck on your half in May!
                    Thanks! Congrats to you to on going millenial! Pretty good feeling, but I suspect I'm just becoming a log-junkie.
                      Thanks. Hoping to go for 1000 this year, but the 1000-mile bunny is still quite a ways ahead. The year is still young. Training for a half in Boston on Memorial Day weekend, if that goes smooth I may drink the cool aid and train for the NH Marathon in October. Should give me some added miles. and, yes... I donated. Smile
                      "click" -- way to go [on a treadmill -- ouch]

2012= under-goaled