Socks (Read 815 times)

Smartwool is good..but I never really enjoy running in the pairs I have. Partly because they're more hiking inspired in design. When I was in college I really got hooked on DeFeet. They're more geared toward cycling, but they are nice for racing. They have recently branched out a bit more with some other varieties for running that I really like. I tend to have to order them off the website though, since one of the stores in my area carry them, and when I ask they laugh and recommend something else (OK, that was only at FleetFeet, very strange). The black pirate socks go really really well with my black NB 240 XC spikes Big grin I've also been doing a lot of running in generic athletic socks from my favorite retailer which are cushed in just the right places, and wick fairly well too. A nice find.

~J

The Terminator

I'm a Balega girl.

"In the South, the cotillion of Machiavelli is played as a soft-shoe, in three-quarter time." - Pat Conroy

giddy-yup

Found WrightSock to work well on my backpacking trips (goody-bye blister issues Big grin)... and the've been great to use for running also.