Using the word LOOSE properly (Read 740 times)

Don't forget, in the Midwest, we have a lovely habit of ending sentences in prepositions, such as "Where are you from?"
    As Winston Churchill allegedly said when corrected for ending a sentence with a preposition, "This is the kind of pedantic nonsense up with which I will not put!" Smile

Amy

JakeKnight

As Winston Churchill allegedly said when corrected for ending a sentence with a preposition, "This is the kind of pedantic nonsense up with which I will not put!" Smile
      Between you and Bonkin, I'm suddenly overwhelmed with affection for my swampmates.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Don't forget, in the Midwest, we have a lovely habit of ending sentences in prepositions, such as "Where are you from?" I'm not a total country hick, but I grew up near a creek - which we lovingly pronounced "crick." I didn't even realize the error of this pronunciation until a boyfriend teased me about it in grad school.
        My mom was from Texas and my dad's from Oklahoma. I didn't stand a chance growing up! We "warshed" our clothes, and we drank "meeilk." Family reunions would've done Jeff Foxworthy proud!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Rockin' the galaxy

We'd have to expect this though, considering the last two letters of his first name.
          I'm not really a runner. I'm just super lonely.
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

My mom was from Texas and my dad's from Oklahoma. I didn't stand a chance growing up! We "warshed" our clothes, and we drank "meeilk." Family reunions would've done Jeff Foxworthy proud!
            And in Texas, we pronounced "pin" and "pen" the same. Now my kids give me grief for that, because when they do that at school up north, they get teased. Poor children.