Running Wizard & Nobby disappearance (Read 490 times)

tomatolover

Used the RunningWizard training this spring for a successful half marathon and would love to purchase another plan, but the site is down and there's no word on when, if ever, it will be back.  Everyone from RunningWizard user group from RA is shut out as well.  It's weird and makes me wonder if all is ok with Nobby, as I haven't seen his posts on RA in a long time.  Any clues?

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Prison.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Feeling the growl again

There is a story that may explain it, but I'm not the one to go into it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

eric :)

Used the RunningWizard training this spring for a successful half marathon and would love to purchase another plan, but the site is down and there's no word on when, if ever, it will be back.  Everyone from RunningWizard user group from RA is shut out as well.  It's weird and makes me wonder if all is ok with Nobby, as I haven't seen his posts on RA in a long time.  Any clues?

What do you mean by the site is down?  I am able to get into it and pull up the training plan page.

There is a story that may explain it, but I'm not the one to go into it.

Hey Spaniel,

I'm interested in hearing your story :-)

Just a dude.

Hey Spaniel,

I'm interested in hearing your story :-)

Me 2

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

xhristopher

Try to sign up and see what you get.

Is it fair to say the running wizard site is getting what it paid for?

HermosaBoy

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

SubDood

What do you mean by the site is down?  I am able to get into it and pull up the training plan page.

I am able to log in, but if I try to buy a new plan, I get "500 (Internal Server) Error."

Nobby hasn't posted anything in the Running Wizard RA user group in quite a while. I have seen his tweets from the Lydiard Foundation as recently as April, but even that seems to have gone quiet.

The Lydiard Foundation website says something about due to family emergency, Boulder Clinic was cancelled, but I have no idea when that was supposed to be or whose family.

I don't think Nobby has posted here since late September last year. (that was when my race was)

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
                      Marylander

I had pointed someone to the running wizard about a month ago and he couldn't get registered. I tried emailing Nobby directly and didn't hear anything back. It's too bad. I'm glad I saved my program.

RW is a great training program and I was very happy with the plans I purchased in the past, but I need a new one now for a goal race in September, so I guess I will have to look elsewhere.  It's a shame.

jfa

Hoping too that things are ok for Nobby.

He's a good guy.

Having such a knowledgeable contributor sharing his thoughts freely with both seasoned and beginning runners alike was awesome.  I used to send "Nobby knows his stuff" private messages, so newbies he would reply to would know a bit about his credentials.

Add me to the list of folks hoping Nobuya is well.

E.J.
                              Greater Lowell Road Runners
                              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Hi all,

As you know, I created Running Wizard for Nobby / the Lydiard Foundation back in 2011 in an understanding that I will receive a percentage of each plan sold.  Despite years of asking for payment, I have yet to receive any compensation for my work.  In April, I disabled the shopping cart and gave them until Oct 15 to come up with a contract and compensate me or the website will be shutdown completely.  I took the two step approach so that you can continue using the plans that you have paid for and not be caught in the dispute.  Hopefully, this is sufficient time for you to finish your training programs.

The algorithm behind the training program is quite elegant.  I like how it is customized for each person instead of a boiler plate plan.  I do hope that they can get their act together but I'm not holding my breath.  I have not talked to Nobby in about a year.  I have a feeling that he's too focused on the Lydiard coach certification clinics, which is where the money is.  If you enjoyed the program, feel free to send an email to nobby415@msn.com and let him know how you feel.

eric Smile