Motivation (Read 1475 times)

jfa

I'm motivated by racing KennyD and Wilsonfish and Sandijam over at the 1500 mile club. ps- please don't tell KennyD and Wilsonfish and Sandijam that I am racing them.They are all much faster than me.....

I run for a couple of reasons. One is that people need me - I have a hubby who will eventually be unable to walk, so I need to stay strong and healthy. I have a special needs daughter, so I need to stay strong and healthy. My parents are getting older and Dad had a stroke, so I need to stay strong and healthy. Running lets me do this and lets me do it alone. Time for myself when it feels like everyone needs a piece of me is golden. Aside from that, my hubby thinks it's sexy that I'm a runner. Big grin That's pretty nice too.
        Late seeing this thread...... here goes: I love that I found something stronger than me...... for now. Wink I love the Physical and mental challenge of reaching one more milestone that just one year ago seemed un-imaginable. I love the new body it is giving me. Or shall I say, giving me the body of my youth back to me, only with a few more sexy muscles in my legs. I love that despite setbacks from training too aggressively for my ability sometimes, I get right back out there, and run again, because giving up will never be an option. Because at (almost) 42 years young, I feel stronger, healthier, and happier than I ever have, and Running gave me that. And all you RA Boobs are a great way to kill time any given day of the week.... Wink Running has changed my life. Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

redleaf

That was fun to read. I am running because I want to see how far I can go...

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

If I had to do that mileage on pavement, I wouldn't be a runner...
            I concur.
              I concur.
              Beautiful blue columbine in your profile pic Smile

Vim

Dave

I'm motivated to keep running because I've started and stopped enough times to know how much harder it is to get back in shape then to just stick with it. And I need to run. Because my father has high blood pressure and is on nasty medication. Because when I don't run, my blood pressure is borderline high. Because I'm basically a nicer person when I do.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com