PR on heavy half marathon (Read 1067 times)

bas

The half marathon I ran today was windy, included 7 kms on a narrow beach and 7 more on a nasty brick road through the dunes. But I ran a PR! Big grin. You can read the race report here bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Way to go! Wind definitely adds that special degree of difficulty to any race! Nothing like a PR to keep the motivation up. Great job!
      1000 mile club. "Pain is just the weakness leaking out."

Princess Cancer Pants

Don't you mean here? Wink k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

Give the guy a break, zz! Big grin I'm sure he can't think straight for all the endorphins buzzing around... Tongue Excellent run, Bas! Congrats! You rock! modified to add: anyone else find endorphins to be a little bit of a mind-fuzzer? Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Princess Cancer Pants

Big grin

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

Now that was a bath...

Woohoo Bas! Great that you managed it under those conditions too. Smile That's an excellent time considering that you walked a couple of times, i'm impressed. Claire xxx
            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                As a fellow "over 50" I would be very happy to post that time for my first half marathon. Congratulations on a great time under difficult conditions.

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

bas

bas

As a fellow "over 50" I would be very happy to post that time for my first half marathon. Congratulations on a great time under difficult conditions.
                    Thank you! It was not my first half marathon, only the first one here. My first HM was not long ago though. I ran that in october 2004 in Amsterdam. My time was 2:09:.. so I have managed to imrpove myself since then. I'm happy about that! bas

Awesome bas! Congrats on the PR

Falling is easy, it's getting back up that becomes the problem ~Staind

Congrats, bas! Loved reading your report. That's a great time under less-than-ideal conditions--especially the wind. I do not like the wind at all.
                        My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48

madness baby

Congrats Bas! I agree, that it is impressive with the wind! Smile
                          deb
                          Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I'm a little late, but better than never. Great job Bas!
                              I'm a little late, but better than never. Great job Bas!
                              Those rabbits... Roll eyes Always behind the pack. Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

Nice job, Bas! But I want to read your race report and can't get the link to work - can you check it for me? Yes
                                E-mail: JakeKnight2002@aol.com
                                -----------------------------