At what age do you think you will have to quit running? (Read 840 times)

There isn't a "mandatory retirement age" for running. If you want to run, and your doctor says you are fit and it won't be a strain, then you should run. You can be like Abe Weintraub who only began running at age 90 and ran the New York Marathon: http://www.iamfitforlife.com/abe.htm We all age at different rates. When my father was 35, he was an "old man" with totally gray hair (perhaps because of his children) who got tired easily and had limits (in his own mind, anyway) on physical activities. At 50, I'm a kid, going to law school and running in races (though I'm not even as fast as I used to be). Part of it is physical and part of it is mental but what age you stop (or start) depends on your own unique circumstances.
    I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
      I started late - 48 - so that I can run when I'm older. Big grin I want to run in ever-smaller AG's! I hope to run in races where I'm the only one in my AG so I can FINALLY place! Wink

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.