Brooks or not? (Read 3030 times)

If anyone else cares about the colors....I did the 'contact Brooks' link from their web page asking if there was going to be a new color released in the near future.  I got the following email back the next day. 

Based on that color description, I better order a couple before the nightlife is released,

To the OP the Launch fit true to size for me as well. 

danazc

Anyone here have or worn the ghost and went to the launch?  I just want to be reassured to know if I order the same size as my ghosts or 1/2 size larger.  Thanks all!
      T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Anyone here have or worn the ghost and went to the launch?  I just want to be reassured to know if I order the same size as my ghosts or 1/2 size larger.  Thanks all!

I have.  Like the Ghost, love the Launch.  I alswys wear 9.5 with Brooks.  The Launch was the same size as the Ghost.  I also like the ST-4 Racers.  Just a tad light than the Launch.  I alternate between the ST-4 Racers and the Launch.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Has anyone tried the Ravenna?  I got a pair a couple of weeks ago and have only run a couple of training runs and a half marathon but so far so good.  I kind of worry that since they are a lighter shoe that they won't hold up as long as the Adrenalines I previously wore.

Menace to Sobriety

Has anyone tried the Ravenna?  I got a pair a couple of weeks ago and have only run a couple of training runs and a half marathon but so far so good.  I kind of worry that since they are a lighter shoe that they won't hold up as long as the Adrenalines I previously wore.

Any noticable differences in the two? Problems with either? I'm in the Adrenalines now, and have run some in the Axioms with no problems. Sometimes the Adrenalines feel a bit stiff and heavy, but I don't I don't have any serious issues with them and am hesitant to change.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

I thought the Adrenalines were at times stiff and heavy too.  That's one thing I don't notice with the Ravennas.  They feel light and responsive.  I really like them so far, but I only have 25 miles on them.
              galberras

fear the Col Sanders

Another (redundant) data point:

I run in Ghosts and Launches.  Same size for both. 

After running in those, my Adrenalines feel like bricks.  Some day I'll try out those Racers.  I want to try them out.

Just because I look dumb doesn't mean I'm not...

the man put the gun away

Edit:  wrong thread.  Is there no delete button?

Are they replacing the Launch with the new Pure line?  I can't find the Launch anymore Sad

The Pure line is too minimal for me.

- Anya

Are they replacing the Launch with the new Pure line?  I can't find the Launch anymore Sad

The Pure line is too minimal for me.

No. launch is still available everywhere. Runningwarehouse has them. 

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I run in the Launch, the PureFlow and the PureGrit.  I wear the same size in each.  Love them all for different reasons / types of running.

• Black Canyon 100k
                        • RRR
                        • Zane Grey 100k
                        • High Lonesome 100
                        • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                        • The Bear 100
                        • Javelina Jundred (?)

I guess I'll get the Ghost again, but wanted to try the Launch.   My running store doesn't carry the Launch.  I don't want to order them on-line, since I've never tried them before.   They seem like a perfect shoe, maybe I should just give them a try. 

- Anya

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Launch are a great shoe - nice cushion in the mid/fore-foot.  I ordered mine blindly and on my 3rd pair.  Each lasted about 400 miles.

• Black Canyon 100k
                            • RRR
                            • Zane Grey 100k
                            • High Lonesome 100
                            • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                            • The Bear 100
                            • Javelina Jundred (?)

SMART Approach

I guess I'll get the Ghost again, but wanted to try the Launch.   My running store doesn't carry the Launch.  I don't want to order them on-line, since I've never tried them before.   They seem like a perfect shoe, maybe I should just give them a try. 

Have you tried the Ghost 4? I loved the Ghost 2. The Ghost 4 is very nice and solid. It is a neutral shoe which is what I need with orthotics.

One shoe option to try if looking for a touch of stability, lightness and a bit more minimal approach (heel to toe is less) is the Saucony Mirage. I wear these and really really like them. They are light, provide decent cushion and work great with my orthotics.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Have you tried the Ghost 4? I loved the Ghost 2. The Ghost 4 is very nice and solid. It is a neutral shoe which is what I need with orthotics.

One shoe option to try if looking for a touch of stability, lightness and a bit more minimal approach (heel to toe is less) is the Saucony Mirage. I wear these and really really like them. They are light, provide decent cushion and work great with my orthotics.

Love my Mirages. They were my first transition to a lighter shoe. Got about 350 miles out of them, switched to the Brooks Pure Flow in November, and I'm just as happy with them. The Brooks is supposed to have a more cushioned feel, and the Mirage adds a bit of stability, but in practice I can't tell any difference between them.