Can a marathon change your feet? (Read 1469 times)

This helped a lot. And time off. I needed months off. But I'm back. 

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

What's odd is that the green SuperFeet are billed as the neutral ones of the set. But the plastic from midfoot to heel is still not flexible at all and won't let your foot bend very naturally.

Sorry to quote an older post in the thread but what the heck are you talking about?   All Superfeet have the plastic support as they are all designed to offer support.   The difference in colors is arch height and thickness.  The greens ones are listed as having MAXIMUM support and cushioning.  They are are for folks with medium to high arches.  Interestingly, that matches the typical description of a foot going into a "neutral" shoe, i.e. add green Superfeet to a neutral shoe to get support.  Perhaps a source of confusion?

OP:  it could be that your arches are now collapsing more and the arch support in the shoe w/ or w/o Superfeet is causing some issues, i.e. too high and too hard for comfort.  The beaten up shoes would likely collapse more with your foot and alleviate the pressure point.

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

juniordo1

2013 -Sub 2:00 for 1/2 marathon

juniordo1

null

juniordo1

Tight calves can totally aggrivate PF.  Night splints help too.

After my first marathon I think my arch must have dropped and foot flattened out.  totally crazy but the next week I suddenly had a bunch of shoes that no longer fit and were too tight.  Foot never went back.  had to get rid of a lot of shoes.

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

juniordo1

Feet went up in size.  I wear orthotics, and I feel like the orthotics had to be adjusted.  This was in 2006.

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

juniordo1

Curious thing happened this past weekend. I went for a 9 mile run Saturday, my longest since marathon, and my feet feel better than they have in weeks. Who'd have guessed more miles could possibly be the answer?

juniordo1

JennyJJ

Stretching out your calves, hamstrings will help somewhat.  Everything is connected.  I also had success with "toe yoga".  This is an exercise where you practice lifting your big toes while keeping the four others in full contact with the floor.  Then reverse it where you lift your four bottom toes up and keep the big toes on the floor.  Work up to five minutes every day.  It will strengthen your feet and arches and break up some of the fascia.

juniordo1

null

#artbydmcbride

I think they are telling you you need bigger, more comfortable shoes.

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

It appears that this thread has been nullified.

Not at it at all. 

#artbydmcbride

ik,r    Confused

Runners run