Enter name for interval set (Read 75 times)

I created a new activity called Hansons 40 - 60 and added a workout type.  However, when I attempt to take an existing workout and assign the activity and workout type to it I get a message saying to "Enter a name for the interval set."  I did not create an interval set and am not interested in having one.  However it seems I can not save the workout without one.

Ok, I just gave it a bogus name called "interval name" and that seems to make it sufficiently happy.

DaBurger

When you upload a workout from your GPS, the "interval set" is automatically set to GPS Interval.  But requiring a name for the interval set always seemed like a weird requirement.

Know thyself.

I agree, seems odd but then I though wait maybe I can pull up all the workouts i've done with the same name i.e. 6 x 800 (400 jog). but alas no dice.  I do think that would a nice feature though.

Actually that is the type of thing I was trying to set up.  For example, today I have 2wu+5(1k@5kw400r)+2cd (using my own shorthand) meaning 2 warm up miles followed by 5 repetitions of 1k at 5k pace with each repetition followed by a 400 meter recovery and after the intervals a 2 mile cool down.

So, I thought I would create an activity type of Hansons 40 - 60 (the purchased plan I'm using for my next marathon) and then indicate the type of workout it was.  But, I notice that 2wu+5(1k@5kw400r)+2cd is too long for the field anyway, so I had to shorten it to 5(1k@5kw400r).

Sunday is something like 3wu+10@MP+3cd, etc.  I thought it might make it easier to compare similar workouts if I named them appropriately.

mikeymike

I agree, seems odd but then I though wait maybe I can pull up all the workouts i've done with the same name i.e. 6 x 800 (400 jog). but alas no dice.  I do think that would a nice feature though.

You can totally do that. I use it that way sometimes.

Runners run

at the risk of sounding like a moron...how?

Nevermind figured it out.  So great.  Eric strikes again.

mikeymike

atta boy

Runners run