100 Miles this month FINALLY (Read 380 times)

Latent Runner

Thanks skyedog, true, it can be lots of work, but the benefit of working with those magnificent beasts is worth it in my book.  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
    • 2-mile: 13:49
    • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
    • 5-Mile: 37:24
    • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
    • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
    • Half Marathon: 1:42:13

Carbs and Cabernet

Thanks, I didn't know that strength training can help with the loose skin.  The good news is that even though I am a computer engineer by profession, I have another job is as a part-time caretaker on a horse farm (where I also live).  While being a caretaker doesn't qualify as "strength training" per-se, I do shovel out a half a ton of horse poop per week, am constantly moving around 50 pound grain bags, 50(ish) pound bails of hay (we do our own haying and we do it for the neighboring farm as well), and then of course there is the muscling around of our eleven horses (even the well behaved ones are a challenge to keep under control when you're leading three or four at once between the barn and the pastures).

Hopefully that's enough because I really don't have time to add other workouts into my schedule.  Smile

Once again, thanks for the advice.  Stay safe and keep running.  Cool

That sounds like quite a workout! Do you still have time (or energy) to ride any of the eleven horses, too?

Marylander

Lots of awesome here. I won't be hitting 100 miles in a month for a little bit but I'm working on it. Is been awhile since I've hit that much. I am just past 40 days on my current streak though. :-)

40 days!  nice!      let's see:  97 miles left.  you just have to avg 3.34 miles/day for next 29 dys & you'll get 100 for the month.  easy peasy,  no sweat,  u will get it

Latent Runner

That sounds like quite a workout! Do you still have time (or energy) to ride any of the eleven horses, too?

Yup, they all love running or trotting through the trails I run on.  A couple of times I've taken one (of the better behaved ones) along on a lead and run as far as I can go before I fall over, and then hopped on and rode back.  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
            • 2-mile: 13:49
            • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
            • 5-Mile: 37:24
            • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
            • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
            • Half Marathon: 1:42:13