New Shoe Blisters (Read 142 times)

So I got a new pair of shoes, NB 1080 v2, after a hiatus from New Balance. The shoes initially felt great, but after three miles into my first run, I got a huge blister on one of my little toes. The blister also burst by the time I got home. I'm wondering what the chances are of this being a chronic problem? 

I contacted New Balance customer service, and they have offered to exchange the shoes for something wider, but this will take 2-3 weeks, and I'll be left in my old shoes which are getting holier in the toe areas with each run. Should I exchange the shoes or tough it out? I'd be interested in hearing others' experiences with blisters from new shoes.

Buelligan

Exchange the shoes. 

I've had this problem with NB shoes before.  I was using NB730s about 10 years ago... they updated it, called it a 731, and they caused blisters on my little toes.  Pissed me off to no end.  I used them only as casual shoes after that because I couldn't exchange them.

That NB731 model continued to haunt me for years... I recieved another pair as a gift (!) and it wasn't until recently I threw them all out.  I rarely used them for even walking and it took 10 years for them to finally wear out.

Good riddance. 

bojangles

Besides getting that one blister, how do the shoes feel? If you are a big fan of them, I say tough it out. It is one blister. Your body will adapt and soon enough you won't be getting blisters in that spot anymore. They are just blisters.