different shoes (Read 114 times)

davidg123

Hi! I didn't find an answer to this question, so I will make a separate question. Do you choose different shoes for a marathon, gym, outdoor training? I ordered three different pairs here https://gym-expert.com/best-workout-shoes-for-men/, Puma, Nike, and Fila, I want to test out in the gym, at the stadium, and for long distances. How do you choose your shoes?

Hi David I did not click on your link but I usually never discriminate amongst, footwear regardless of marathon ultra shopping or work. Shoes are all the same anyways, all manufactured in the same sweat shop.

Merry Christmas!

MJ

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

I always get a laugh out of those "best shoe" pages that pop up with a websearch. They are almost never even CLOSE to what people who have been running for years buy and use. They gotta be sponsored advertisements or something. Puma and Fila, really?!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

BoutWorkout

Whatever is there. They all feel the same to me.

eliswhite

Spam
            kcam

I always get a laugh out of those "best shoe" pages that pop up with a websearch. They are almost never even CLOSE to what people who have been running for years buy and use. They gotta be sponsored advertisements or something. Puma and Fila, really?!

I run close to 90% of my miles in Puma. 

CalBears

I would not be so ignorant. Back in 2015 I bought two pairs of Puma Ryjin SLX shoes and I am so sad I did not buy more of those - as they seem to stop making them. One of the best shoes I ever bought and ran in - inexpensive, light but cushioned enough and each of them lasted for more than 500 miles. I usually not very picky in shoes selection, but in this case I know exactly - that Puma Ryjin was amazing.

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Yeah Puma are actually producing quite nice shoes now.

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

In 2020 when I wrote my scoffing reply about the lists of "best shoes", Puma had not yet released the very good shoes they are offering now. It was also directed at current offerings, not unavailable shoes from years ago. I had some Puma Fast Rider shoes in the 1980's and they were great compared to everything else available then. I liked them more than my Nike Internationalist, or Adidas marathon Trainers.

Websearching "best running shoes" today yields just as inane lists as it did in 2020. Saucony Guide13 as "best shoe"? Really? 

kcam

They've put out some great shoes for years.   I guess they're mostly Euro market focused but give em a try.  I've run in two of their carbon-plated shoes and am a big fan.

If Ed Budd says the Puma Nitro series are good, then they're probably good.

CalBears

Ha-ha - talking about Puma... Molly Seidel just won a bronze medal at Tokyo Olympics marathon wearing Puma Deviate Nitro Elite shoes Smile

kcam

Really?  I wear-tested version 2 of that shoe about a month ago.  I loved it and would absolutely buy it if I could.  I just searched for some pictures and it looks like she ran in version 1 but not 100% sure.

CalBears

Really?  I wear-tested version 2 of that shoe about a month ago.  I loved it and would absolutely buy it if I could.  I just searched for some pictures and it looks like she ran in version 1 but not 100% sure.

You might check this link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FFZZsb2T8c

starting from 55 seconds - she shows the shoes very closely and you probably can figure out the version of it Smile Let us know!

kcam

I watched the entire video.  Love that workout for the marathon.  I used to run 6X1600 (much slower than Molly!) and then 4X200.  Just like she said ... the goal isn't to hit it out of the ballpark but to run a bit faster than MP and remain relaxed and controlled.  Molly seems like a very nice young lady,  congratulations to her on that medal.

Does look like she's wearing the earlier version (I never ran in that one) since there are some features on V2 that I don't see on that shoe.