Any marathon runners please read (Read 184 times)

so I'm a senior in high school going into college next year. I run track, and am well versed in distance up to 13 miles. Just last weekend I ran 13 in 1:20:00. I want to do the Chicago Marathon coming up in the fall, and I'm curious if you think I will have enough time to train Over the summer?

If it ain't rainin', you ain't trainin'

- Sarge

HermosaBoy

First of all, you would need to be registered for the Chicago marathon -- which I believe leaves you 9 days to decide.

As for the feasibility -- Do you want to:

• Just run the distance?
      • Race the distance?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Sure, that's plenty of time. If you're running an 80-minute half marathon in training than you can most likely run a marathon today.

As long as you're not planning to run cross country in college, in which case an October marathon is probably a really bad idea.

Runners run

Haha I plan on taking the Marathon pace as quick as I can, so I am not just going for completion I am looking for a solid time. I'll decide and aim in on that pace as I train through the summer most likely. And haha no worries I do not plan on doing xc in the fall (sadly), I'm attending Iowa State, so they're a bit bigger of a fish.

If it ain't rainin', you ain't trainin'

- Sarge