What's the most amount of money you've spent on an app? (Read 774 times)

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

The only apps I've gotten have been free. There are some pretty pricey ones out there, though. So, what's the most amount of money you've spent on an app? Which app? Was it worth it?

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man" - The Dude

Upcoming races: AthHalf: 10/20

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zombies! Run was $8 when I bought it...everything else was free or $1.  Looking at some $$ autism therapy apps for the rugrat on our iPad.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

£0.00

$9.99 on a geocaching app.

Best app purchase I've ever made.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I went ahead and threw down $19.99 (or whatever it was) for Pages.  I wouldn't say it's paid for itself at this point, but I don't feel like I threw that money down the drain, either.  I like the iCloud integration, and since I have a bluetooth keyboard for the iPad, it's nice to be able to work with my documents on the road without digging out a laptop.

MTA: I also bought Zombies, Run! when it was under $10.  Haven't gotten as much use out of that one, mainly because I didn't feel like figuring out how to make it fit into my Pfitz training cycle.  Race is this Sunday, though, so I may play with it more in the interim until the next cycle.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

delicate flower

Spent five bucks on Grand Theft Auto Vice City for my tablet yesterday only to find out the game isn't ready yet.  Why put the damn game in the app store if it's not ready!?  Cockbites. 

<3

npaden

I paid $19.99 for a hunting GPS map app that showed land ownership in different colors.  Blue shade = state land, yellow shade = BLM, green shade = national forest, no shade = private land, etc.

It worked about a month and then they quit supporting it.

Not my best purchase.

Every app since then has been free. 

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Man, that would be handy if they'd supported it.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Regular ass person

$6.99 for Team UmiZoomi Ready for Math. The wee(eeeeee) one seems to enjoy it. Although it was buggy as allgetout for awhile.
                    MorganaRuns

Slower than you

I went ahead and threw down $19.99 (or whatever it was) for Pages.  I wouldn't say it's paid for itself at this point, but I don't feel like I threw that money down the drain, either.  I like the iCloud integration, and since I have a bluetooth keyboard for the iPad, it's nice to be able to work with my documents on the road without digging out a laptop.

This  is the only reason I'm considering getting an iPad. I need to be able to use it to access, edit and develop documents I've worked on while I'm travelling for business and it's lighter and more portable than my netbook.

It's good to know that it was a worthwhile investment for you.

12-week layoff

I bought Pages too...I have an iPad, and my work computer is a PC.  With the wireless computer, I can get work done in my classroom while sitting in the front of the room at my desk (revolutionary!) and just convert it to a PDF and save it to Dropbox, so it's on my PC.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

$3.99 for gStrings, a music tuner app (Android).  The free, ad-supported version was so good that I just wanted to support the developer.  A lot like RA.

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

I bought Pages too...I have an iPad, and my work computer is a PC.  With the wireless computer, I can get work done in my classroom while sitting in the front of the room at my desk (revolutionary!) and just convert it to a PDF and save it to Dropbox, so it's on my PC.

Awesome. That's exactly what I need to be able to do. And you haven't experienced any glitches or problems using it?

MrH

Spent five bucks on Grand Theft Auto Vice City for my tablet yesterday only to find out the game isn't ready yet.  Why put the damn game in the app store if it's not ready!?  Cockbites. 

There's probably a level in GTA where you rip off rubes who buy worthless apps. And then kill some hookers with an RPG.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Runner100

$40 for Skysafari Pro, an iPad astronomy app. I would happily have paid double that as its amazing (if you are an astronomy geek).