Sketchers, really?!?!? (Read 591 times)

I am seeing all these posts and reviews on Sketchers shoes......Largely very positive.  My wife and daughter and friends love their Go Walk shoes.  Honestly, I cannot take anything seriously I see about sketchers as real and credible performance shoes.  I cannot be the only one that feels this way, am I?!?!?

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

Walk-Jogger

I've never owned a pair, but this hobby-jogger guy seems to like them:

Retired &  Loving It

npaden

I'm on my 3rd pair of GoRuns.  Just ran my first marathon Sunday wearing them.  Have a pair of GoRun2s in the closet to start working into the rotation soon and a pair of Go Bionics that I'm going to start using as well.  They seem to be great bang for the buck, I've been able to pick them up on Amazon for up to 50% of retail that is already lower than most other shoes.

They seem to be actually be improving them with each model as well.  I'm interested to try the Go Bionic trail shoes when they come out this summer.  The GoRun2s seem to be a nice improvement over the GoRun.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Cecil58, fair enough! However, Meb would bmember, regardless of what shoe he is in.........and I am sure the multi-million dollar endorsements really have nothing to do with it.  As a fat slob runner, I am still a skeptic.  You have me inspired, thought, so I think I'll go lace up my Shape Ups and go tone my flabby glutes....

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

I'm 90% sure I'll be wearing my Skechers GoRun 2's when I race VCM at the end of the month.

Runners run

I love my goruns.

I too have noticed Sketchers "running" shoes and have gone...  hmmmm.....  but I have a couple of pairs of Sketchers casual shoes and they are wonderfully comfortable.  as far as running shoes go, I run in minimalist, so it seems I don't ask for much in a running shoe anyway.  wait, does that sound like I'm dissin' Sketchers???  don't mean to, just think they might be worth a try.  have never heard of GoRuns.

Tammarin.....

I've never owned a pair, but this hobby-jogger guy seems to like them:

--- I just wonder what he really likes to wear when running.  I mean , don't you get the feeling that Meb likes "Skechers" because they pay him a hell of a lot of money to like Skechers?  I'm sure underneath he prefers another brand when no sponsor payment is involved??  Shoot, if they pay me enough, I'd be a big fan of running in "Birkenstocks"...

Flashback:  Who remebers this quote?  "I never play Ping Pong without my FLEX-O-LITE Ping Pong Paddle"....

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Cecil58, fair enough! However, Meb would bmember, regardless of what shoe he is in......

So, are you saying that for Meb, it doesn't matter what shoe he wears, he will still be fast?  Why would that be different than anyone else?  I highly doubt it's the shoes that make him fast.

Are certain companies so far advanced with running shoe technology that Skechers couldn't possibly make a running shoe on their level?

As for the money, Meb made his money and name on running well.  I highly doubt he's going to throw that all away just because he can get an endorsement deal from Skechers.  If he didn't like them, he wouldn't be wearing them.  If deep down he really thought another shoe was that much better for him, then I'd bet he'd wear it.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

I'm sure underneath he prefers another brand when no sponsor payment is involved??

Why? I'm just some hobbyjogger and I don't have a brand preference. I'll wear any shoe that fits and that feels good on my feet. Why are you so sure Meb has a brand preference?

Runners run

.........and I am sure the multi-million dollar endorsements really have nothing to do with it.

I realize I am sort of nitpicking--clearly Meb is wearing Skechers because they are paying him to and he's not pretending otherwise--but long distance running is not the NBA. I don't know of many multi-million dollar contracts. Meb is the most decorated American distance runner of his generation and his Skechers deal is reportedly worth "mid six figures."

Runners run

Why? I'm just some hobbyjogger and I don't have a brand preference. I'll wear any shoe that fits and that feels good on my feet. Why are you so sure Meb has a brand preference?

Isn't it obvious?  There's no possible way that a shoe company could make a running shoe, unless it's one of these:

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

--- I just wonder what he really likes to wear when running.  I mean , don't you get the feeling that Meb likes "Skechers" because they pay him a hell of a lot of money to like Skechers?  I'm sure underneath he prefers another brand when no sponsor payment is involved??  Shoot, if they pay me enough, I'd be a big fan of running in "Birkenstocks"...

Flashback:  Who remebers this quote?  "I never play Ping Pong without my FLEX-O-LITE Ping Pong Paddle".

It sounds like Skechers designed Meb's  shoe specifically for him.

mta:  What I want to know is why Runningwarehouse doesn't carry Skechers...I have a gift certificate Roll eyes

steph  

It sounds like Skechers designed Meb's  shoe specifically for him.

I agree they make a shoe exactly to his specifications.  But it probably costs thousands of dollars in design and development costs per each pair of exclusive shoes that he wears.   I just wonder what pair he would like most "right out of the box".

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Considering the GoRun Speed in question is available out-of-the-box, for anyone, probably that one.

I agree they make a shoe exactly to his specifications.  But it probably costs thousands of dollars in design and development costs per each pair of exclusive shoes that he wears.   I just wonder what pair he would like most "right out of the box".

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                                Emil Zatopek