injured by a coconut .. (Read 515 times)

Prophet!

add coconuts to the dangers of running...i was well on my way to the best time i had for a 13 miler in a stepback week long run today...round mile 9 a baby coconut rolled out of nowhere in an obvious attempt to derail my marathon training ( or it might have just been sitting there and i didn't notice, same thing)...so i stepped on it...roll my ankle really bad...had to walk an extra 2 mile before i can find a payphone to call for the wife...now i'm iced up with an ankle the size of a softball...i'm hoping for speedy recovery to resume my training...got the 18 miler next weekend... any extra tips for speedier recovery on top of RICE ???
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Bummer! No, RICE about covers it as far as I know. And... if it hurts, don't run on it. Maybe ibuprofin/aspirin to help with the swelling assuming you're not allergic or taking coumadin/heparin/something funky like that... Might want to consider rescheduling that 18 miler, too. Sad

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, eek! And here I thought pinecones and slippery wet leaves were the worst dangers this time of the year--you folks in tropical climates have nefarious coconuts to contend with. I hope you're not too injured and can still do your 18 miler! k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

More people die each year from falling coconuts than shark attacks. It's true. I read it on the Internet so it must be true.
          JakeKnight

That's just nuts.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

I guess that's a local problem. Won't see many coconut trees down here in the South. Big grin
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OMG...another Monty Python reference.... Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay