2016 Holiday Running Streak (Read 351 times)

mikeymike

Just curious - how many of you are still streaking, now that the holiday period is over? How powerful has it been as a gateway drug?

I intentionally took yesterday off.

Runners run

Joann Y

Just curious - how many of you are still streaking, now that the holiday period is over? How powerful has it been as a gateway drug?

Now that the holiday is over, I started streaking.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

I'm still streaking, but I was streaking beforehand anyway.

FSBD

My goal was Election Day through Super Bowl, so I am still rolling.  I'm just glad I could stop the quote streak.  Now that was tough.  

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

My goal was Election Day through Super Bowl, so I am still rolling.  I'm just glad I could stop the quote streak.  Now that was tough.  

But you did a great job at it.  Here is a quote for those who are still streaking or "re-streaking".

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act.  The rest is merely tenacity."  Amelia Earhart

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

I'm on Day 550 of my streak, but I'm not as crazy as that might seem.  I fully understand that at some point there will be an injury, illness or international travel that will end the streak.  It just hasn't happened in 500 days.   Longest streak I've had was 960 ending in a stress fracture (not due to the streak).

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I'm on Day 550 of my streak, but I'm not as crazy as that might seem.  I fully understand that at some point there will be an injury, illness or international travel that will end the streak.  It just hasn't happened in 500 days.   Longest streak I've had was 960 ending in a stress fracture (not due to the streak).

Nice! Mine ended after 901 days because of pneumonia. Good to know it´s still possible to have another long one. My previous one started as a Holiday Streak and now I hope to beat that one.

dumrunner

Still going, against all reason.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yes, I don't think I could have managed that streak. You came up with some gems, too.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My hope was that some folks would keep going, against all reason, as I do. Good job, either way!

doctorjen

I'm still going,but I know it's not realistic long term. One of these days I'll be stuck in the hospital all night and the streak will end. However, tomorrow will be day 50 for me and will be my longest streak ever so far!  (I tied it up today)

Ojo

I hope it works for people and they keep it up.  I really love streaking even on day 1984 . . . although I am not looking for the cold coming back tomorrow morning. 

Sara

MM #2929

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

If I weren't streaking, I would have missed a lot of glorious runs, because from inside the house it can look forbidding, or I can feel tired or yucky, but once I get going, I am so glad I did.