Pretty pics from your run (Read 1286 times)

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Beautiful.

Runs like a dj mixing songs while wearing festive outfits.
    5k PR 5/31/21 24:21 

10k PR 5/23 54:43

HM PR 1/2024 1:59:10

Altair5

Runs in the rain

Snowing today! Not a spectacular picture, but I liked the faded whiteout effect in the distance and you can see some snowflakes falling against the darker trees in the midground.

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
      Get up, get out, get out of the door!

an amazing likeness

Higher sun has cleared snow back to the tree lines; weather fronts pass quickly, spring has arrived.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Altair5

Runs in the rain

milktruck - I'm always facinated by the different clouds I see when outdoors on a run! I like the almost solid looking front of clouds in your picture!

Here's some clouds from my run last Wednesday. The first picture is looking back on the road I just ran down and you can see some storm clouds in the sky. Sometime after my run we had rain turning to snow flurries.

The clouds were not as ominous in this direction. In the middle you can see some blue looking distant hills and several silos. To the right of that and up in the air look close and you may make out a soaring vulture.

The camera made the foreground look too dark, but some dramatic lighting effects in the clouds! With the worst weather I often get the most spectacular photos!

an amazing likeness

Altair5 - Way back when earth's crust was still forming, I attended college in your area and vividly recall watching the weather fronts rolling in from the distance during times out on athletic fields and wondering "what is coming with that?"...

Altair5

Runs in the rain

Milktruck - you're like ten years younger than me, so I guess you were at school here in the early eighties. I was not living in Geneseo then, but often came up for visits! I'm sure you know some of my friends and may have crossed paths attending a party or at the Idle Hour! Some of them played sports there, even after they had left college, but I had no interest in sports until I took up running in the early 90s. I recall seeing the Elves (later a heavy metal band called "Elf") play on the athletic fields and remember an interesting fireworks display for freshman orientation that took place on a foggy evening!

Altair5

Runs in the rain

Milktruck -  I decided to take a walk down to the college athletic fields and took some pictures.  Although I live not far away I haven't walked around the Geneseo campus for a while, most of my runs are outside the village on farm roads. There was a 5K that used campus paths, but not sure if that race is held anymore. Saw a lot of new buildings that weren't there back in my day.

Here is one of the fields we used to play sports on. Some clouds, but I don't think a front is moving in yet. The orange you see at the far end of the field is a track. Sometime I'll have to try running on it.

In front of the student union

One of the older buildings and a clock on a pole

The College Green and the new science building. 

an amazing likeness

Despite many trips over that way, it's been so long...nothing really looks familiar other than the skies and sweeping vistas of the finger lakes region.  I was about 50mi east in the other "G" town...

Altair5

Runs in the rain

milktruck - My error, by the other "G" town I assume you mean Geneva. I guess the weather there is much like Geneseo. I think there are running paths in the park at the north end of Seneca Lake, might be fun to run there sometime. Any other places nearby good for long  runs?

an amazing likeness

Old Grist Mill under early spring grey sky looks over the lower falls...

Teresadfp

One day at a time

That a nice area to run in.  I guess it will all look different if they remove the dam.

an amazing likeness

Open farm land stretching to the north Atlantic in early summer....

Donny2515

Spam
                            LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Mickelson Trail, SD

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Telscombe a few miles from Brighton UK. These views are about a 10min run from my house.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)