Runs not posting to Facebook last couple of days (Read 903 times)

I  notice that my runs for the last two days have not posted to Facebook.  Facebook did make some changes a few days ago, so I wonder if they broke something.  Anybody else notice this.?  By the way, I was using the Save, not Save All.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

At first I thought the new FB (which I just got yesterday) was fine...didn't see much different from the previous version.  But now I am less enamored.  You have to edit whose updates you want to see and select them one-by-one.  Instead of simply selecting the ones you don't want to see.  And a friend of mine says her settings reset every time she returns to the site.  Apparently this is a new "feature."  FB wants to automatically select which updates we see.

As a result I'm missing most of my friends' updates.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

protoplasm72

There has to be some serious errors in the new FB.  It basically doesn't do it's main function anymore.  It appears to only randomly show you updates and the newer they are the less likely you'll see them.  If you refresh your home page you'll see updates appear and disappear.

I would say your updates are probably on your page but FB is not showing them or decided to lose them.  Sometimes I can't even see my own status updates.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There has to be some serious errors in the new FB.  It basically doesn't do it's main function anymore.  It appears to only randomly show you updates and the newer they are the less likely you'll see them.  If you refresh your home page you'll see updates appear and disappear.

I would say your updates are probably on your page but FB is not showing them or decided to lose them.  Sometimes I can't even see my own status updates.

Yeah...this FB "update" is not merely cosmetic.  It's pretty much killed any functionality.  Now I see why people who had the update a few days ago were so ticked-off.  I'm checking FB less and less.  There's nothing new to read, even though I'm certain people are still attempting to post.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Fezbuk has always had that "sometimes it shows you, sometimes it doesn't" quirk.  This has to do with the site architecture... like most high traffic websites, it uses multiple servers for construction/presentation of webpages... and because of the way it is used to collect data from users, probably multiple data locations.  So, when you hit it up, sometimes you get stuff off servers A and sometimes off servers B (or C or D, etc).  A and B don't always offer up the same stuff.  They should, but they don't. 

This latest update has exacerbated that issue by a lot.  It should calm down.  As we've never quite understood or had it explained to us what the hell the "news feed" is, it looks like perhaps they played with that feature and made it more obscure.  Or maybe they made it less obscure and it's just busted until the servers sync up.

What is funny to me is that fezbuk central was promoting some kind of talk with the site engineers to discuss how (well?) they manage their high performance site.  It's cool that they would share this with end users, but it is also the height of hubris, in my opinion, to do this during the week of a major launch.

Apparently fezbuk must be doing pretty well or they wouldn't have the traffic they have.  Then again, a few years ago, myspace was all the rage.  I guess we are entrenched users, but I wonder how entrenched we will remain.

You guys were right.  After waiting a few hours and clicking back and forth between Top News and Most Recent they have appeared.  I was pretty sure it was something flaky on their end.  Thanks guys.
              tlazarus

Still not working for me... Its been over 24 hours now, and I've even tried publishing again. I see all of my runs in the actual app, but they aren't showing up on my wall.

2009 5k PR: 22:10 2010 5k PR: 18:36 2010 Marathon PR: 3:13:22 2010 Goals: Sub-20:00 5k Sub-19:00 5k Sub-3:30 Marathon

Gaz

Hi.

So how do I get it to link to my facebook in the first place?

Cheers.

www.DjGaz.co.uk
                    Still not working for me... Its been over 24 hours now, and I've even tried publishing again. I see all of my runs in the actual app, but they aren't showing up on my wall.

Check your settings to be sure that you are allowing the app to post to your status.

Hi.

So how do I get it to link to my facebook in the first place?

Cheers.

Go to the app on facebook and add it.

eric :)

Facebook is being a pain.  Every now and then, it flakes out or stops working altogether.  The only thing I can do is add some code to retry publishing at a later time when an error occurs.  This method will still fail if Facebook continues to have problems.