Happy Anniversary to ME! (Read 521 times)

Just wanted to brag a little: It was officially one year ago today that I started my plan to a healthier me. I obviously didn't know if it would work then, but I can look back now and be proud of myself for sticking with it so long. I have been frustrated many times, I have had many "days off" or even some "weekends off". But I have stuck with my new "diet" (even though now its just how I eat normally) and I am proud to say I have lost 45 pounds just by eating better and running more. Before starting, I couldn't run not one mile without stopping, let alone under 12m. And while I'm not much faster yet, I can certainly endure a lot farther. Many of you here came from Cool Running, as I. Thank you to ANYBODY who ever posted any topic on that forum as well as here, because all your words have kept me going, made me laugh, answered many questions and basically gave me some kind of connection to someone else out there who may have been in the same boat as me. I treasure all your opinions, I can only hope some of my words may help someone else in need. Since I am so anal retentive, I have decided I will stop actively trying to lose weight when i hit an even 50 pounds. These last few have been the most challenging by far, but I know I am close to my goal so I will keep fighting. My only regret: I really miss my big (and apparently fat-filled) boobies!! But hey, you have to sacrifice some things right?!? Thanks for letting me ego-stroke for a minute Big grin

Big Chicken!

Congrats!! Glad to hear the diet is now normal eating for you. And running is normal too! I am still working on those, making them a normal part of life, creating a new normal. As for the incredible shrinking boobs (my Dh is missing some of mine as well, he needs to be prepared for more loss Big grin), just think of all the lower-cut things you can wear without worrying about a wardrobe malfunction! And gravity doesn't affect them as much! That's what I am trying to tell myself. Anyway, keep it going! You are doing great!!
      Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations! What a great job you've done. Doesn't it feel wonderful?? I actually like being less top-heavy - a couple of weeks ago, I accidentally put on my regular bra instead of my heavy-duty running one, and didn't realize it until after my run was over! I certainly couldn't have done that a year ago.

Beatin' on the Rock

Big grin KUDOS and congratulations! What a healthy commentary. I love your story, and can't wait to read more chapters. I've enjoyed your posts since coming here - thank you.
          And gravity doesn't affect them as much! That's what I am trying to tell myself.
          Tell yourself with a wave of the wand - gravity rules. Cry
          Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nice work, Chrissy! Keep on keepin' on...or off! Keeping the weight off is the next challenge, but knowing what got it gone in the first place gives you tools to keep it at bay for good! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Happy anniversary and major congrats on your lifestyle change and the results.
              http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
              msl

You should be totally, 100% proud of yourself! Congratulations!!

jfa

Way to Go and keep it up!! I too am celebrating my first year of running and have my eyes on the Jersey Shore Marathon in May ! See you around the beach,Cattus Island,Allaire ,etc! We have had a good winter for running,so far......

Congrats Chrissy, your changes are very impressive!

Prophet!

Great job on sticking on your plan of losing weight and gaining fitness.
                      I am proud to say I have lost 45 pounds just by eating better and running more.

I guess this method is not as sexy and marketable as those little pills.
                      My only regret: I really miss my big (and apparently fat-filled) boobies!! But hey, you have to sacrifice some things right?!?

i too had shrinking boobies when i lost weight, but that was a good thing Big grin

Another Passion

Brag away Chrissy! Awesome accomplishments! Keep it up! It's people like you here on RA that inspire me the most. Wink Modified to add: Like SurfNRun, I lost my boobies too, but I was happy about that. A couple of years ago I was fishing with my brother in law on Lake Erie and it was a nice day so, I had my shirt off and he said, "Dang Rick, you got some beotch t*ts." I think I started running that afternoon! Shocked

Rick
                        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                        runningforcassy.blogspot.com