possibly stupid question about pool running. (Read 1041 times)

should I wear shoes? Confused I could wear an old pair I guess.

Jennifer mm#1231

The Greatest of All Time

I thought they made shoes for Aqua Jogging?
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Non ducor, duco.

Did you see Spirit of the Marathon? I dont think Deena Kastor was wearing shoes, but I might be wrong.
          ok, nevermind, LOL! I'm just winging it out back in the pool...I don't have an aquajogger strap anymore and yes, Deanna was wearing shoes. I'm in a full wet suit and old running shoes. Thank GOd noone here can operate a camera. Blush

Jennifer mm#1231

Non ducor, duco.

You're right about Deanna wearing shoes. I guess that makes my answer possibly stupid. LOL. Good luck.
            werdnam

You're right about Deanna wearing shoes. I guess that makes my answer possibly stupid. LOL. Good luck.
              Yeah, but wasn't Deena running on an underwater treadmill? The one time I did pool running, I was floating in the deep end and didn't wear shoes. Since my feet weren't touching anything, shoes would have been pretty irrelevant.
              TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

My wife recently tried jogging in the pool. During my drive home I called to see what was for dinner. My oldest son answered the phone. He said my wife was jogging in the pool. Shocked She is a very dedicated runner, but I never knew the extent to which her addiction to running went. You see getting cold is her kryptonite. She was in 68 degree water with the air at 56 degrees. Due to an painful injury she was cross training/ rehabing to be ready for Boston in a few weeks. I asked my son, "Is Mom really in the pool?" (not ruling out a late April fool joke) He said said,"Yes." Then I asked how is she doing?" After a pause I heard, "aaaa OK." I had to have more information. My next question was, "Does she look like she is in pain or cold?" His answer was, "Both." I just had to say after blowing off a run last week because the wind was too cold, she has regained her tough chick status. Black eye If you apply that will power and perseverance in Boston you will PR with or with out injury honey. Yes Wink - DH
                Find the fun.
                  thanks babe. Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231