The COVID-19 Wild West Thread (Read 601 times)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Well I want to thank Brew as this thread has been the most entertaining one in a while on this site.

See the source image

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Running Problem

Problem Child

This is why I'm not supporting any restaurants. I hope they go out of business and the employees run out of unemployment. They keep spreading COVID 19. Snitches get stiches and these people should have been smarter than to order take out. It would now be funny to order 20 pizzas to a neighbor's house and watch the cops show up to bust a family just trying to have a fun night in.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

Finally got my results: Negative

Of course, the test was a week after I started feeling ok, and 11 days after I first got sick. NOW they're offering an antibody test at the same location, but they weren't at the time. And there is the possibility of faulty test.

That's a little worrisome, because now I wonder what I caught that made me feel like death for a couple days. Not a heart attack, because it last too long. Stroke? Maybe, but no tell-tales. Not food poisoning, because no nausea. Dammit, now I'll probably need to go in for a physical and tests sooner than scheduled.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Running Problem

Problem Child

I cannot tell if you're intentionally obtuse, or just enjoy throwing together a word salad.  Either way, seems a waste of my time to continue.  Too bad.

Bars go back to phase 1 because they spread covid 19.

grocery stores, schools, parks, movie theaters, and restaurants stay at phase 2 because they don’t spread covid 19.

this makes no sense when we are all supposed to do our part and without a vaccine we can’t stop the spread. To me it is more politics at this point and bars are getting screwed.

im going to dinner tomorrow at a restaurant. Party of 9. The limit is 7. The restaurant is going to split the party and put us next to each other. Magically this stops the spread of COVID. Not being intentionally obtuse. Trying to understand how any of these regulations are doing anything beneficial when we continue to have positive tests and people die. There is obviously little concern about the death rate otherwise we would put everything back to phase 1 so we can finally get over this. Opening things back up was a fucking mistake and people are going to continue to die until people stay the fuck home instead of looking for ways to work around the unenforceable regulations. The only waste of time is waiting to open things up 100% or lock them down 100%.

VDOT 53.37 

Prince of Fatness

Bars go back to phase 1 because they spread covid 19.

grocery stores, schools, parks, movie theaters, and restaurants stay at phase 2 because they don’t spread covid 19.

this makes no sense when we are all supposed to do our part and without a vaccine we can’t stop the spread. To me it is more politics at this point and bars are getting screwed.

im going to dinner tomorrow at a restaurant. Party of 9. The limit is 7. The restaurant is going to split the party and put us next to each other. Magically this stops the spread of COVID. Not being intentionally obtuse. Trying to understand how any of these regulations are doing anything beneficial when we continue to have positive tests and people die. There is obviously little concern about the death rate otherwise we would put everything back to phase 1 so we can finally get over this. Opening things back up was a fucking mistake and people are going to continue to die until people stay the fuck home instead of looking for ways to work around the unenforceable regulations. The only waste of time is waiting to open things up 100% or lock them down 100%.

You mad, bro?

Not at it at all. 

Running Problem

Problem Child

You mad, bro?

Mostly confused how some things cause covid but not others. Honestly I wish everyone was mandated to wearing a mask and travel was not allowed outside of the state for any reason. Society needs to work together to rid the earth of Covid 19 and without a vaccine the virus needs to die a natural death. Antibodies won’t give us long enough resistance so once all the hosts die the virus dies with it.

EDIT

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/covid19/Pages/dashboard.aspx

2.8% of the people who have had COVID 19 have died. How many more people need to die for us to realize we're in this together and we need to defeat it together? 97.2% of the population is privileged enough to NOT die from this and they need to do their part more than they have been. California as a whole is at about 2.2% death rate state wide due to COVID 19.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page

We don't need to end up like New York where almost 9% of the population with COVID 19 dies. THEY aren't doing enough. Someone is almost 4 times more likely to die of COVID 19 in New York than California.

http://dph.illinois.gov/covid19/covid19-statistics

Illinois is over double the death rate percentage of California. Obviously California is doing something right and it isn't all that sunshine or surfing.

so yeah, I guess I AM mad. I'm mad so many people don't care about COVID 19 and they're more worried about going to church, a bar, or out for a walk when literally everyone else is suffering because of it OR because the masks that are supposed to be protecting us because they block spit from flying everywhere don't work and yet we still need them to go to a restaurant.

VDOT 53.37 

rlopez

You mad, bro?

Don't tase me, bro.

Fun fact: most people don't know that TASER is actually an acronym. 

It stands for, I swear to God: Thomas A Swift Electric Rifle

And, yes, that's Tom Swift the fictional character, not the name of the inventor. So when people use "tase" as a verb, they are stating "don't Thomas A Swift Electric me, bro."

As for things I'm mad about re: covid, I am mad about all of it, including people being absolute wusses about wearing masks which don't fix all the problems but surely do help at the sacrifice of not very much, unless one is deaf, in which case, ok, fair point.

Running Problem

Problem Child

tl;dr? Another word salad.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/07/10/county-orders-continued-closure-of-los-angeles-apparels-dtla-factory-after-coronavirus-outbreak/

Meanwhile, in LA where bars following the Governor's orders to socially distance are being shut down, and state parks are closed to help stop the COVID 19 pandemic. Maybe we should just keep doing what this company does and open everything up. Leave it up to the individual to protect themselves because the government hasn't been able to protect these 300 people.

"The garment manufacturer was originally shut down June 27 after the department said it found “flagrant violations” of mandatory public health infection control orders — including using cardboard as barriers between workers who were not properly distanced — and the company failed to cooperate with an investigation into a reported outbreak.

The health department said the company then reopened with new employees, in violation of the closure order, and attempted to prevent health department workers from entering the factory — leading to Thursday’s order."

VDOT 53.37 

Prince of Fatness

As for things I'm mad about re: covid, I am mad about all of it, including people being absolute wusses about wearing masks which don't fix all the problems but surely do help at the sacrifice of not very much, unless one is deaf, in which case, ok, fair point.

I’m with you on this one. Totally don’t get the difficulty in putting a mask on when in public places. 

Probably what annoys me the most is how this pandemic has become politicized. It’s a virus. It doesn’t see coastal elite libtards or confederate flag waving rednecks. It sees hosts. And it’s very good at finding them. If it had a brain it would be laughing its ass off at how dumb humans are. 

And don’t tase me bro. Lol. Forgot about that one.

Not at it at all. 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Does anyone know what Kanye West’s view is on mask wearing?

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Does anyone know what Kanye West’s view is on mask wearing?

Whatever Donald Trump says do the opposite.

VDOT 53.37 

Running Problem

Problem Child

I’m with you on this one. Totally don’t get the difficulty in putting a mask on when in public places. 

Probably what annoys me the most is how this pandemic has become politicized. It’s a virus. It doesn’t see coastal elite libtards or confederate flag waving rednecks. It sees hosts. And it’s very good at finding them. If it had a brain it would be laughing its ass off at how dumb humans are. 

And don’t tase me bro. Lol. Forgot about that one.

The virus doesn’t see politics. Unfortunately the people in control ONLY see politics. Local gym has a sign up ADVISING the wearing of masks except when working out. Funny how standing on a treadmill exempts me from a mask, and sitting at the bar or grocery store requires one. Remember when restaurants were closed except fast food? Breweries couldn’t do drive up orders and sell canned beers, but Costco could and McDonalds could sell drinks. It’s all politics and I was laughing today watching a kid with a slurpee when he wasn’t able to buy one back in April when it was the same weather as today.

VDOT 53.37 

Half Crazy K 2.0

The closures totally depended on the area where you live. Here in MD, counties moved at a speed I didn't know possible for government agencies and in less than a day changed the liquor laws to allow bars to stay open for carry out (booze included). Funny how that happened on March 16. Convenience stores were open the whole time--which is a huge relief cause that was the only bathroom option while running.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

So what policies would you propose? You keep critiquing the policies that are out there because they are not as consistent as you would like to see them. How would you fix it? Balancing keeping people safe and opening the economy. And remember, for any rules for which there is a threshold - such as distancing - you’re going to have to provide a number that is hopefully scientifically-based.

The virus doesn’t see politics. Unfortunately the people in control ONLY see politics. Local gym has a sign up ADVISING the wearing of masks except when working out. Funny how standing on a treadmill exempts me from a mask, and sitting at the bar or grocery store requires one. Remember when restaurants were closed except fast food? Breweries couldn’t do drive up orders and sell canned beers, but Costco could and McDonalds could sell drinks. It’s all politics and I was laughing today watching a kid with a slurpee when he wasn’t able to buy one back in April when it was the same weather as today.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Whatever Donald Trump says do the opposite.

I thought Kanye was going independent to split the black vote so that Trump gets in again. No?

Imagine Kim Kardashian as First Lady....❤️

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)