What do runners need? A poll for you all. (Read 337 times)

JimR

I need to see a man about a horse

an amazing likeness

A quick scan across RA shows we've got some unmet needs goin' on....

- a good jackets that sheds wind and water, but doesn't stew you in your own heat and juices, looks flattering, good pockets, reflective

- Garmin upgrades

- running mojo

- starting coral @ Disney run

- partners for the 2014 Flying Pig marathon

- legal help in Chicago

- best approach to pass someone on singletrack when making the roadrunner beep-beep sounds doesn't work

- and some guaranteed way to run a damn BQ!

We're dealing with a lot of stuff.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I need to see a man about a horse

Which one?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

- a good jackets that sheds wind and water, but doesn't stew you in your own heat and juices, looks flattering, good pockets, reflective

- Garmin upgrades

- running mojo

- legal help in Chicago

- best approach to pass someone on singletrack when making the roadrunner beep-beep sounds doesn't work

Thanks for making me laugh on what has turned out to be a crappy morning.

steph  

DaBurger

- Garmin upgrades

- running mojo

- legal help in Chicago

and whether nasal intake of fluids is a more direct method of hydration!

Know thyself.

FSBD

I would like a beer that gets me the right amount of drunk but I can continue to drink without getting too drunk.  Preferably it would taste like Heady Topper.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

vtville

"would like a beer that gets me the right amount of drunk but I can continue to drink without getting too drunk.  Preferably it would taste like Heady Topper."

Ha!  I like that idea!

What else?

I need to find the altitude where there are no threads about altitude training (but keep the ostrich pics coming).

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

I need some kind of clothing system that, during winter, allows me to run Dog #1 a few miles, then come home and walk Dog #2 a mile or so, and then not have me be freezing cold from my sweaty clothes as I head out for a few more miles.

Also, technical fabrics that don't stink to high heaven after a couple runs.  I can't afford to have six sets of running outfits for all seasons so I re-wear my stuff.  I smell bad, really bad after a couple days.  Although I do take comfort in the fact that I am pretty sure, should I ever get abducted, I would swiftly be returned to the side of the road.

Leah, mother of dogs

Also, technical fabrics that don't stink to high heaven after a couple runs.

I use fabric desinfectant for that, works fine. Costs 3€ (2 dollars) in my local drogerie shop (no idea how it's called in the USA - the shop that sells cosmetics and cleaning products). No issues with the funk since using it.

All business

Fenders for my shoes so I don't kick mud all over my calves.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Fenders for my shoes so I don't kick mud all over my calves.

Wouldn't those be mud flaps?

Oh, here:

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I'm gonna need a bigger boat.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

All business

Wouldn't those be mud flaps?

Oh, here:

And here i was, thinking that that was an original (albeit ridiculous) idea.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

Hoban-Jay

Hi everyone - I apologize for the broad based question in the title.

What type of product does the running world need but does not currently exist?  Or does exist, but needs to be made better.

Just looking to start some conversation.  Is there something you think "boy, i wish i had something to......"

I appreciate your time and any answers you might have.

Thanks!

hashish infused beer...that won't make you have to pee like a racehorse throughout the marathon...or give you the munchies.
                                  you know, I wanna feel good at the end of my marathon...or short of that....feel no pain!