Upper shoe repair - Saucony A6 (Read 55 times)

snapa55

Can anyone recommend a fix for the below?  I took a spill during a run and ended up tearing my Saucony A6.

5K: 18:43 (12/13) 10K: 42:50 (12/12) HM: 1:30:10 (3/14) M: 3:34:46 (5/14)

Seriously?

My fix would be to just run with them until they were ready for lawn mowing or the trash.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Pretty much all my shoes after a hundred miles or so have tears in them.  Unless the hole is near my big toe and my toe starts to poke through that on downhills (brooks), I ignore them.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Go out and run through some mud puddles.

steph  

mikeymike

Put a sticker over the scuff mark.

Runners run

create a similar micro-tear on the other shoe and claim they're a Limited Edition.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

Half Fanatic #846

I would probably do more damage trying to make a repair than just leaving it alone...

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

mikeymike

By the way--how do you like the A6? On paper it looks like a great update. My A5s are in perfectly good condition but that has not always stopped me in the past.

Runners run

snapa55

By the way--how do you like the A6? On paper it looks like a great update. My A5s are in perfectly good condition but that has not always stopped me in the past.

They're lighter and more responsive than the A5.  I "feel" faster on runs while using them.  Due to runblogger's initial review which remarked that they ran long, I got the A6 in a 8.5.  I ran my first marathon in the A5 in a 9.  They run a bit more narrow than A5, but I'm sure some of that has to due with me sizing down.  I plan on using them for my half marathon on Sunday, so I'll let you know how they hold up after the run.

5K: 18:43 (12/13) 10K: 42:50 (12/12) HM: 1:30:10 (3/14) M: 3:34:46 (5/14)

If it really bothers you, there's always duck tape.

bhearn

I stopped with the line after the A4. A2 was the best shoe ever! A3 similar (but not in the awesome solid red), A4 was completely different, felt dead. That was also around the time Saucony decided to get on the low-drop bandwagon, dammit.

What has changed since then?

mikeymike

I dunno, I liked the A4 and I like the A5 more.

Runners run

The damage looks to be totally superficial. You might want to rub in a little bit of elmer's glue on the strands to help prevent any possible further fraying and keeps the puffiness under control. Otherwise, just try to forget about it and keep using them as you would.

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time