Nothing to see here. (Read 689 times)

Double IPA Please!

I would say that times are a very personal thing..every one is different. If you have no other races and this is your first-congratulations! You have just earned your first pr..however, if it is not where do you fall in line with your last race.. mta..I did not look at your profile or your age- note to self: remember to check profiles as well. Roll eyes

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

It's pretty good for your age and stated competitiveness level. If you want to get that scholarship you mention in your profile, you NEED to get more consistent with the training, even if you slow it down. What are your track PB's?

Go Pre!

Why do dudes running sub 20 5ks always ask if it's a good time?
          Lane

To preface, I am annoyed when people ask how good their times are. Angry It's decent for your first 5k, but you're nowhere near the times that you'll need to get a scholarship. Remember, DIII schools don't give scholarships, and DI and DII schools only give them to very, very fast kids. I'd be busting my butt if I were you, because unless you get a lot faster, you're not going to get any running scholarships. I hate to be negative, but do your homework and pay attention in class. I am getting $17,100/yr in merit scholarships, and $0/yr for running. And when I was 15, I ran a 17:40.
            Lane

And to win the class D state championship in Nebraska (I just looked at last year's results) it's looks like you're going to have to be able to run around 17 flat. The other three class were all in the 16's, and some of them were pretty low.
              JakeKnight

Uh, how about we lighten up? The original poster was a 15 year old kid just asking a question. C'mon. If it annoys you that much, click that little back arrow at the top of your screen. Or pick on somebody else. Like me, for example. I dig that kinda thing. Good job, RoadRunner. I think. Since the post is gone and your profile's edited, I'm not exactly sure. I hope you put them back. And good luck with your scholarship. I admire you for even attempting it.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

Uh, how about we lighten up? The original poster was a 15 year old kid just asking a question. C'mon. If it annoys you that much, click that little back arrow at the top of your screen. Or pick on somebody else. Like me, for example. I dig that kinda thing. Good job, RoadRunner. I think. Since the post is gone and your profile's edited, I'm not exactly sure. I hope you put them back. And good luck with your scholarship. I admire you for even attempting it.
                  Agreed. I didn't mean to be discouraging with my comment about the training, but constructive. The guys I know that've gone south on scholarships (we don't have athletic scholarships beyond token level in Canada) have done a fair bit of milage starting at about RoadRunner's age. And gone from about where he is to 16:00 flat in 3-4 years. Dude, keep running. Just ask more specific questions than 'Is this fast'. I tried to get context by looking at your profile and log, because if you were a 55 year old woman who'd just started running, then that's amazingly fast. If you're a college XC runner, it's pretty much below average. If you gave that info in your post, or asked in a little more specific way, this thread wouldn't have gone this way. Big thing though: try to get your validation from you, not other people. 99.9999% chance that there will ALWAYS be someone faster than you ( probably closer to 100% than that, actually). My question for you is this: was that a good race for the fitness you had on that day? Be realistic. You don't have to tell me the answer, just be honest with yourself. If it was, be happy with the effort for the day. If it wasn't, figure out how to improve your pacing, warm up, hydration & nutrition routine, whatever you think held you back. If you ran a good race but aren't happy with the time, then what can you improve in your training? Big thing for you, though, is that you've got a long term goal. Keep at the easy milage while you aren't in season for track or XC (I'm assuming you run both in school), but don't hammer the workouts out of season. More easy running better, you'll get all the speedwork you need in those two seasons. Sincerely, good luck with your goal.