Shining Eyes TED talk (Read 1019 times)

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the TED Talks available on YouTube, but this is my favorite. Very cool, very inspiring. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9LCwI5iErE

It is titled "Classical Music with Shining Eyes" and is led by Ben Zander, conductor of the Boston Philharmonic Orchestra and author of a book many of you may have read -- The Art of Possibility. Zander is an inspiring, charismatic man. I once sat in on a course he teaches on Possibility at the New England Conservatory. Two hours of shining eyes and excitement that made me want to leap into the world with the same spring in my step that Ben has! 

I don't know how really to explain the video but if you hate classical music don't shy away from this. It is not specifically for musicians, rather geared toward people who know nothing at all about classical music.  

Enjoy. And always live with shining eyes. 

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -- Leonard Bernstein

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Thanks for posting that, Tangerine!  Inspiring indeed.  Smile

wildchild

Carolyn

Thanks!  DD and I enjoyed that.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Wow! Thank you very much.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

No Talent Drips

I loved the Art of Possibility and use "Rule #6" in my workplace often.  Going to send this talk to our Senior Mgmt team (including my boss). Could either be career enhancing, or career ending.

Dei Gratia

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

I watched some interesting TED talks on a flight last month.  I intended to research their availability on the ground - but I forgot about them until reading your post.  Thanks for sharing.

I loved the Art of Possibility and use "Rule #6" in my workplace often.  Going to send this talk to our Senior Mgmt team (including my boss). Could either be career enhancing, or career ending.

Rule #6 is great!! 

I try to use that in daily life! 

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -- Leonard Bernstein

MrH

There are so many great TED talks on Hulu or directly on the TED site (http://www.ted.com/talks).

It's a great way to pass time on the treadmill. Smile

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Huh.  That seems extreme.  Quite a bit different from the Joe Paterno episode, but I guess everyone's gun-shy now.