Running Log Tip #1 - Intervals (Read 6709 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I don't find it confusing at all. There is the interval (the active part), and then there is the recovery jog, or else the rest part (walk or stand).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Thanks Eric, I also was keeping time splits the notes section, This is a much better way.

You explained it perfectly. I love the auto sum feature. It works great & I will use it.

edited twice ...because apparently I can't type

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I don't find it confusing at all. There is the interval (the active part), and then there is the recovery jog, or else the rest part (walk or stand).

Technically, the original definition of "interval" referred to the rest portion of the workout, not the running portion.  However, quickly after the term was introduced people used to to refer to the running portion, rather than the rest.  RA follows that vernacular, because otherwise it would confuse the hell out of everyone but the pedantic.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Technically, the original definition of "interval" referred to the rest portion of the workout, not the running portion.  However, quickly after the term was introduced people used to to refer to the running portion, rather than the rest.  RA follows that vernacular, because otherwise it would confuse the hell out of everyone but the pedantic.

Well that explains why I was confused.

Liz

pace sera, sera

MrNamtor2

b

MrNamtor2

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

"run" "2" "eat"

hi bonkin!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

maplemountain

Hill Fiend

You click on the expand button to the right to maximize it.

There is no expand button. What am I missing? It won't let me input more than one interval.

• Find a mountain
                    • Run up it
                    • Enjoy the view
                    HermosaBoy

There is no expand button. What am I missing? It won't let me input more than one interval.

Once you save the first interval, it will allow you to enter another...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

maplemountain

Hill Fiend

Thanks so much. I wasn't hitting Save. I was eager to get all the 400s added, and then go back to each one and add the time and notes. I didn't realize I had to have the time entered in order for the save button to activate. Also, I was adding 200m repeats, so the time was less than one minute. It wouldn't let me save and it was driving me nuts. Turns out you can't save :45. You have to type 0:45 for the save button to activate. Thanks for the help.

Happy trails!

• Find a mountain
                        • Run up it
                        • Enjoy the view