1000 mile club (Read 1052 times)

IMSIRunner

Eric, Since the original admin of the 1000 mile club (runb) hasnt logged miles or been in contact in over 6 months. We were wondering in the forums if you could assign someone else as the admin for next year to keep the group rolling. I volunteer if you need anyone and would like to do it. Thanks
    5/4/2008 Eugene Marathon "The Journey of 1000 Miles Starts With a Single Step" Tvccrunner1@aol.com
      Great idea. I also vote for an addition to the mileage groups for next year: can you make a limiting mileage that either kicks people out of the group, or stops listing them on the chart (or puts them back at the bottom of the chart) once they go 50 miles over the limit? I know some people join the groups and then never come back, and have already passed the mileage (and sometimes the mileage of the next group up) way before the year has ended. It doesn't seem fair to keep people who are trying to get to the finish line and constantly checking their positions from a top spot because others are blocking it. Of course, this would only really be needed for the 1000 km, 1000 mile and 1500 mile groups, since 2000 mile club doesn't have an upper limit and the 100 mile club isn't really so much of a mileage race at all. Smile Just an idea- I don't know how easy it is to implement. If it's not possible, maybe the admin of these 3 groups can kick people out once they have passed the goal. I know there was a lot of talk about this in the 1000 km club when people were finishing already in June, but if there isn't any interest in this in the other clubs, just ignore the request. Thanks Eric.
      eric :)

Hi guys, I agree that people should join the appropriate distance groups. Although it is not too hard to implement an auto kick feature, I rather leave that up to the runner and the group administrators. I have an idea about what to do with folks that finished the distance. Let me know what you think. Instead of displaying their distance bar, their names will be displayed as a list above the pace chart. It will free up some room for the folks that are getting close, while still getting credit for finishing. Would that work? As for assigning new admins, I'm ok with it. However, I would prefer that the group members elect the new admins because you guys know the group members better than I do. Does that make sense? MTA: I do not recommend booting everyone out to start the new year because that will delete the group and all its contents. eric Smile
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have an idea about what to do with folks that finished the distance. Let me know what you think. Instead of displaying their distance bar, their names will be displayed as a list above the pace chart. It will free up some room for the folks that are getting close, while still getting credit for finishing. Would that work?
          I LOVE it! I left the 1k mile group once I crossed the finish line, that way others would have a shot at the top spot, but now I feel like I'm missing out on supporting those still working towards the goal. I've re-joined a couple of times long enough to say hi, but then duck back out. It would be nice to not have to do that. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

IMSIRunner

So will the pace chart automatically be reset in 2008?
            5/4/2008 Eugene Marathon "The Journey of 1000 Miles Starts With a Single Step" Tvccrunner1@aol.com

Lazy idiot

I have an idea about what to do with folks that finished the distance. Let me know what you think. Instead of displaying their distance bar, their names will be displayed as a list above the pace chart. It will free up some room for the folks that are getting close, while still getting credit for finishing. Would that work?
              I also like this. I'm not in any of the intermediate pace groups. I'm in the 100 mile club (because it was closest to my goal of 300), and the 2000 mile club (don't ask). The ability for those beyond the goal distance to continue to interact in the group forums would be great, while giving others the chance to see their names creep up the leader board.

Tick tock

I like your list idea, Eric!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

PERFECT!
                  eric :)

So will the pace chart automatically be reset in 2008?
                    the pace charts reset automatically so you can continue to use the groups as you do now.
                    Gig

Let me toss out what I was thinking, which is to matriculate the folks who have achieved the goal to an alumni section of the group. But your idea sounds great, Eric. Whatever gets me closer to that Page 1 spot that I feel like I've almost earned, but that keeps people like Kirsten in there to keep me motivated. Also, as a member of the 1K mile club, I'm all for Shawn taking the reins. Thanks for stepping up. Thanks

Anyone have pizza?

Great idea. I also vote for an addition to the mileage groups for next year: can you make a limiting mileage that either kicks people out of the group, or stops listing them on the chart (or puts them back at the bottom of the chart) once they go 50 miles over the limit?
                        Shaunna, I liked your idea so much and then I noticed....I'm still in the 1000 when I'm like over 1100. Doh! So I will be kicking myself out! Off to the land of 1500! Seriously, I do nominate that anybody over that mileage should stop being listed. Perhaps by having some kind of field that allows the moderator to put in a specific number, it would look to see if the threshold has been met, and if it did, you are outta here!