Manchester CT almost 5 Miles race on ThanksGiving day (Read 476 times)

patarch1

New Haven 08

Who is doing it? I am. Patarch1

200 mile bike trip in three days with sleeping gear and change.

Get the Saturday running club back up.

Run below 8 minutes per mile for 6 miles.

I am not, although I used to run it every year. It is one of my favorite races. Now that none of my family lives near there it just isn't worth driving the 5 hours to take part in it. I had a good stretch in high school/early college where the only reason I missed it was because I had a broken ankle and my mother wouldn't let me "run" it with crutches.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I would like to, but will only be able to if I can divert the Thanksgiving festivities away from my house.
        Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.
        Ed4

Barefoot and happy

Not that one, but I am roadracing in CT on Thanksgiving: the Commodore Hull 5k in Shelton. It's my hometown, and I've got a six year streak to continue. Besides, they have the best tshirts:
          Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
            Maybe you were being sarcastic. That shirt is GAY!

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Patarch - see you in Manchester!
                My DH and I will both be there and this will be our first time to participate as we usually travel to St. Louis. We've heard its a lot of fun and that people dress up and there are bands, etc...... Our office manager said its hard to be competitive on the race because its so jampacked with racers.