2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

Ojo

Hopefully some of you got some miles in before the snow hit!  I love quiet pre-snow miles -- no one on the roads this morning as the schools were already closed.

Sara

MM #2929

xhristopher

Yesterday's 2.5 mile jog was the first day I would have rather taken off. Through the fall I had a rythem of taking Mondays off after a hard Sunday. After a three week block of good training I was mentally and physically drained. I did not need a 'recovery run.' Nevertheless, getting through yesterday's run was positive. I'm counting my blessings since I'm just tired, not hurt.

Fortunataly my running legs were back under me this morning and I hope to get back out again this evening.

Keep running, people.

Monday morning has become our easy 5 mile day. Nice to shake out the legs after the long run on sunday. Plus, everyone is on board with it being a easy day, we even start a half hour later so everyone can get a little bit more sleep.

Get off my porch

Intentionally Blank

Schools closed means running on the treadmill while my children come in every 8 minutes with questions. Smile

Hopefully some of you got some miles in before the snow hit!  I love quiet pre-snow miles -- no one on the roads this morning as the schools were already closed.

I consider it lucky to get one snow run in a year. (once is enough) Usually just cold rain. Snow missed again this morning: freezing rain, but snow 20 miles north.

Get off my porch

Joann Y

2 miles with the dog this morning. -7F with the wind chill. Lots of layers so pretty comfortable. Gonna try for 4-5 more after work on the treadmill.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Still in but tired.

steph  

Evolving body parts

+7 miles. This current streak is now officially my longest ever. I guess I should be happy about this, but it doesn't really feel special. I got home late too, so I missed the TV crews on our lawn. Looks like I'm not going to make the 11 o'clock news tonight.

Well, tomorrow's another day.

CT JEFF

Schools closed means running on the treadmill while my children come in every 8 minutes with questions. Smile

Treadmill deck broke on me early into this streak. Really has made it more difficult due to scheduling to fit runs in, esp on days when I need to watch the kids. Luckily I can get a run in at 2am and have it count for the day!

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

5 on 15. Day after the first snow was interesting. Slush, black ice & indeterminate shoulders. Why does Leominster do such a crappy job on the hilliest streets?

xhristopher

Leominster

In our house we call this Lemonmonster.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My streak is still alive, barely.  My pharyngitis/laryngitis/bronchitis is in full bloom and I can barely talk, yet my legs were up for getting out and moving (a little).  The biggest challenge was dealing with DW's wrath over this obsession. Smile She is convinced that running while sick will kill me; my retort is that running makes everything better.  You can see if my streak and my RA presence ends over the next day or two to find out whether DW was correct.

Today's run was a very minimal two miles.

perryw

Finished day 13 of the streak, beating my previous streak of 4 days Smile  I did a 4 mile Christmas Lights run with my running club through central Indianapolis and rolled my ankle twice on the edge of ice / snow.  It feels like a mild sprain now, so my streak may come to an end tomorrow if it doesn't feel better.  The streaking has made me go out for 1 mile runs just to keep it going, so it's been helpful in that regard.

Joann Y

My streak is still alive, barely.  My pharyngitis/laryngitis/bronchitis is in full bloom and I can barely talk, yet my legs were up for getting out and moving (a little).  The biggest challenge was dealing with DW's wrath over this obsession. Smile She is convinced that running while sick will kill me; my retort is that running makes everything better.  You can see if my streak and my RA presence ends over the next day or two to find out whether DW was correct.

Today's run was a very minimal two miles.

Hang in there and get better soon!

Runner100

-