Stevie Ray asks a pre-Christmas favor (Read 1532 times)

xor

Thanks to all of you who took some time on your Sundays and Christmas Eves to listen to a little bit of "my music".  I hope it made you feel good and smiley and introspective when the sad songs played.

I don't get to learn much until Thursday, but it has been awesome reading through this thread for the last couple days.  No matter what I learn on Thursday, you have made me smile during the two hurty days.  And, yes.  Yes, they have been.  Damn.

As many of you know, this is not my first hayride:1992, 1994, 2000, 2007, and 2009 were my other Hayrides of Suck.

This one has been a little different, though, for several reasons.

A few of you have asked me to write about what's going on and my experiences over the last two days.  It might be interesting to some, but I think I've made enough withdrawals from "emotional bank accounts" (RIP 2012, Steven Covey) for now.  PM me if you are truly curious.

Every now and then, especially for the RWOL folks, I will proclaim "the pudding is delicious".  This is a goofy non sequitor quote from an LL Cool J song. When I post it, I mean "relax. It ain't that bad. Gonna be alright."  Tonight, it is a two-level joke.  Yeah, it'll be alright.  Plus they are feeding me unlimited pudding for which they promise not to charge me extra.

The pudding?

Is delicious.

Or "ono" in Hawai'ian slang.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

My prayers continue, dude.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Every now and then, especially for the RWOL folks, I will proclaim "the pudding is delicious".  This is a goofy non sequitor quote from an LL Cool J song. When I post it, I mean "relax. It ain't that bad. Gonna be alright."  Tonight, it is a two-level joke.  Yeah, it'll be alright.  Plus they are feeding me unlimited pudding for which they promise not to charge me extra.

The pudding?

Is delicious.

'Cause you're the type of guy...

Speaking of earworms! Wink

Fingers and toes are crossed that you receive the best possible news later this week.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Good luck with the new vagina!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

bhearn

Good luck with the new vagina!

+1.

Mele Kalikimaka, Stevie Ray.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

My prayers continue, dude.

+1

steph  

xor

The dude abides.

With or without the plastic....

(terms deleted; too rough for Christmas.  I got them from about.com too!)

xor

Can someone explain to me how network CBS circa late 70s got away with a character named "Cooter" on Dukes of Hazard?

mahalo

xor

Wait.

Panty hamster????

DUDE.

Listening now -- Mahalo, Stevie Ray.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm listening right now and pretending that the 18" of snow out my window is actually just a shit load of white sand.

Sending good thoughts to you, SRL.

Running is dumb.

Imminent Catastrophe

Can someone explain to me how network CBS circa late 70s got away with a character named "Cooter" on Dukes of Hazard?

mahalo

And when they made the Dukes of Hazzard movie, how many writers, lawyers, and civil rights activists must have had input into the handling of the rebel flag on, and the name of, the "General Lee".

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

I used to have a picture of the General Lee signed by Cooter but I lost it in the divorce.

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Nice Hawaiian version of Silent Night.... 2 years ago I was singing it to my son as he lay in a coma.  I'd say hospitals suck at Christmastime, but they suck year round!  My son's a lot better now, too -- less like the guy in Memento, and more like the video game nerd he is.

Thanks SRL --  a nice thoughtful break for me.  Power Pudding to you.

ETA:  the commercials are fun.

ETA2:  Damn, this is a beautiful song!

xor

I used to have a picture of the General Lee signed by Cooter but I lost it in the divorce.

Now that is funny, the first part.  Was he all demandy for cooter pic?