Best portable phone charger (Read 59 times)

seeEricaRun

Awesome

I have a problem. There isn't a phone on the planet  that I can keep charged. While I could attempt to fight my nature and wean myself from my addiction, I have instead settled for self-love and acceptance, so...

In the winter I can stash a giant power bank on me with no trouble, but with fewer clothes in the summer it's a huge pain in the butt to figure out where to even put a lipstick charger.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a portable charger (not a Mophie, I don't have an iPhone) that is easy to carry while running or somehow attached to you? Or just maybe really, really thin?

This isn't really going to answer your question, but I've had great experiences (when I don't drop them) with Motorola phones.  Their battery life is outstanding.  If your carrier has them, maybe for next time?

Anyway, this powerbank seems pretty small and well-reviewed:  Portable Power

Have you considered a Flip Belt or Naked Band?

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

dumrunner

I use an Anker charger that's a little heavy but the shape fits almost anywhere (pack, shorts pocket, etc.) to charge my watch in long races. It keeps a charge for a long time.

Prince of Fatness

Not sure what your needs are while running, but you could turn stuff off while running. Specifically wireless, Bluetooth, or best yet switch to airplane mode. Searching for reception uses a lot of juice. Whatever you don’t use while running turn off.

Not at it at all. 

an amazing likeness

Solar charging hat?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

seeEricaRun

Awesome

All the other kids will be SO jealous.

Solar charging hat?

seeEricaRun

Awesome

I will never figure out how to put images in posts.

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Which Motorola are you using now?

Maybe I can get a cheap used one and just throw in a data-only SIM card. I won't be able to take phone calls, but I hate those anyway.

This isn't really going to answer your question, but I've had great experiences (when I don't drop them) with Motorola phones.  Their battery life is outstanding.  If your carrier has them, maybe for next time?

Anyway, this powerbank seems pretty small and well-reviewed:  Portable Power

Have you considered a Flip Belt or Naked Band?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Maybe I can get a cheap used one and just throw in a data-only SIM card. I won't be able to take phone calls, but I hate those anyway.

I was gonna ask, are you talking on your phone all the time? Apparently not.  All my phones (Android) have been able to go 2 - 3 days on a charge, when I'm not traveling. Switching cell towers a lot seems to be a big battery drain, even when not roaming. I usually have location turned off.

I'm currently using the Moto Z3 Play.  I've never had any problems with battery life, and I think I use my phone a lot.  I've used Motorolas for a long time, specifically for their battery life, but I guess it depends on exactly what you're using your phone for.  Likely, you'll be able to find some older Motorola models priced right if you're looking for something inexpensive.  Just Google for battery life.

Also, the Play line has Mods that can be added, and one of those is a battery pack.  It snaps on the back of your phone.  It will make it a little thicker, but it will extend battery life.  I've never purchased one because I've never had the need.  I think Best Buy was selling the Z3 with a free battery mod.

I just tried the FlipBelt in a race this past weekend, and that worked for carrying a bunch of gels, so I presume carrying a phone with it would work, too.

Good luck!

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it