25 minutes and counting (Read 1253 times)

So, I'll start off by saying I did my first 25 minute jog today!!! The longest I've ever run in my ENTIRE life, without stopping to walk, was 17 minutes. Smile YAY! Kimmer
    My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's really awesome! That's like running for the entire length of the average sitcom, including ads. I like to put things into perspective like that. I know I'll be really excited when I can run for as long as it would take to watch an epic film like any of the LOTR films, "Titanic" or "Braveheart." Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

25 minutes is great! Whoot!

Roads were made for journeys...

Yikes - yes, I meant minutes Smile
            So today my pace went from 12:53 to 12:27. Know how? I didn't get a stitch today!!! I was so excited, I can't even tell you. It threatened to rear it's ugly head around 20 minutes. But again, I pushed through and was able to increase my pace for the last 4 minutes of my 25 min jog. YAYAY!!! Kimmer
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I still get stitches from time to time. I noticed when I did my long run last weekend that I got a little bit of a stitch when I would be eating my jelly beans. I think it's because I had to breathe differently while putting a few beans in my mouth and chewing. I find that just concentrating on taking long and deep breaths really helps with that. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats.

So today my pace went from 12:53 to 12:27. Know how? I didn't get a stitch today!!! I was so excited, I can't even tell you. It threatened to rear it's ugly head around 20 minutes. But again, I pushed through and was able to increase my pace for the last 4 minutes of my 25 min jog. YAYAY!!! Kimmer

Run alot, mostly slow. Drop your pace to 13:30 and you may be able to double you time.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

BeeRunB

someone's pulling up old Kimmer threads

Not to rain on anyone's congratulatory parade, but this thread is nearly a decade old.

Even so, GO KIMMER!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

She stopped logging activities on RA in November, 2010.

Feeling the growl again

By now Kimmer is either prepping for the upcoming Marathon Trials, Biggest Loser, or her kid's second grade play.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Kalsarikännit

She stopped logging activities on RA in November, 2010.

That doesn't mean she still isn't around. We haven't determined who the Korean spammer is. Just sayin'.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

kcam

This bumping of old Kimmer threads ain't cute anymore.  Now it's just like more Korean spam.

Kalsarikännit

This bumping of old Kimmer threads ain't cute anymore.  Now it's just like more Korean spam.

I apologize. This is the second time you have been forced to scold me for not being serious enough. Henceforth, I will start taking notes on how to be a cranky old curmudgeon, so there will be less distractions from our very serious running talk.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I apologize. This is the second time you have been forced to scold me for not being serious enough. Henceforth, I will start taking notes on how to be a cranky old curmudgeon, so there will be less distractions from our very serious running talk.

I literally totes lolzed.