Core Exercises (Read 1424 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Pine cones have arms?  I would think legs would be more helpful.

puffy

Arms and legs. Puffy the pincone has it all.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Puffy, indeed. He looks stoned out of his piney mind.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

He's a chick magnet.  Must be the shoes.

Well, just in reference to the upper body.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

MrH

The often run in packs

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

bhearn

Your jokes re a clear sign that you are all intimidated by my incisive analysis, expressed with utter simplicity.

Vacuous ciphers, the whole lot of you!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

xhristopher

Your jokes re a clear sign that you are all intimidated by my incisive analysis, expressed with utter simplicity.

Vacuous ciphers, the whole lot of you!

Perhaps, but did you know black bear poop looks like a pinecone? These bears thrive in northern New Jersey. Watch your step.

mikeymike

Those aren't pine cones you knobshines, they're rocks.

Runners run

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

I don't mean to derail this informative, topical thread, but did you guys know the Italian term for six-pack abs is "addominali a tartaruga," or "turtle-shell abs?"

Come to think of it, there's your proof that core strength doesn't matter.  Turtles have six-packs, but you don't see them winning even your standard local 5k.

ETA though one did beat the hare that one time.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

I don't mean to derail this informative, topical thread, but did you guys know the Italian term for six-pack abs is "addominali a tartaruga," or "turtle-shell abs?"

Come to think of it, there's your proof that core strength doesn't matter.  Turtles have six-packs, but you don't see them winning even your standard local 5k.

That's because the ostriches exhibit extremely poor sportsmanship at those events.

The only question is how your diagram translates to improving human running speed.

Because the ostrich is a man pigeon....Kevin Hart's friend said so. So if the man pigeon can run as fast as a car, then with core workouts, so can we!

See for yourself! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXNF60HX8iw

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

I hate to tell you guys this, but I wouldn't trust something called a man pigeon after the latest scandal.

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/e80bfad384bc47d697391d236446bad2#focus

I think the real secret to the ostriches' success is a lil of that Lance Armstrong influence, knowmsayin'?

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

• Hollowman. This move I learned from Jillian Michaels. ...
                                • Plank. This is my absolute favorite core exercise of all time. ...
                                • Bridge. Previous Next. ...
                                • Superman pulls. This move really targets the low back. ...
                                • V-ups. This move took me a while to master. ...
                                • V- sit. ...
                                • Plank knee crosses. ...
                                • Leg raises.
                                • I used to all these exercises when i was working for Mining Fleet management