Invitation to join age 50 and over group (Read 197 times)

No, this is not a 50 mile or even a 50 K group! I belong to the user group "50 and over 5k and beyond" which, as the name implies is made of runners all over the age of 50. Some of us, like me, are close to or over 70! We comment on our runs and races and occasionally other topics like vegetable gardens, cooking, home repairs and car restorations. There were like a dozen members when I joined the group several years ago, but now there are just a handful of regular posters. I would like the group to become a little more active with some new members so I am extending an open invitation to check out the group and join us if you wish! Right now we have only one female member and it would be nice to hear more from their perspective. It is also alright if you are more of a walker or cyclist, it is good to learn about different exercises and training. We just start a new topic each month for all the posts, this month it is "October already! I just looked around and Summer's gone!" So if you are over 50 and would like someplace where you can post your runs and get commentary on your training consider joining us at https://www.runningahead.com/groups/50o5K/

"My dear, here we must run as fast as we can, just to stay in place. And if you wish to go anywhere you must run twice as fast as that.” 

RunnerKSA

We tried before to get these groups more active (including 60 and over) but had no luck.  The Masters group is quite active and everyone has gravitated there.  Most of us are well over 40 with probably most in their 60s!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

RunnerKSA - I see there is a Masters group (40+) and a Senior Masters (60+) group and I may join those to check them out, not sure how active, if at all,  the Seniors group is. I think the Masters group may be too active, if their are multiple members posting each day there is just not enough time to expect the detailed feedback  comments you get in a smaller group. I am not trying to get a huge influx of new members to our group, anywhere from just a single new poster to maybe 6 new ones would be a  great addition..

"My dear, here we must run as fast as we can, just to stay in place. And if you wish to go anywhere you must run twice as fast as that.” 

RunnerKSA

Well, we are quite happy with the Masters group and have very active members.  You are welcome to join us!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Well, we are quite happy with the Masters group and have very active members.  You are welcome to join us!

+1  It's a good group with folks commenting and participating as much or as little as they like.  We have walkers, road runners, trail runners, cyclists, swimmers, dog lovers, cat lovers, bakers, cooks - just about every category!

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Rich Roll Podcast

Trail Runner Nation

Billy Yang Podcasts

I'm reviving this thread and making another attempt to attract some new members for our "50 and over 5K and beyond" group. As was commented before, it is difficult to increase activity in some of the groups. Most prefer simply to continue with the very active and popular "Masters" group. Although that is a fine group there is the disadvantage with so much activity that it is difficult to read all the posts, let alone reply to all of them. In a smaller, more intimate group you get to know each member and share encouragements and experiences! Often we post photographs of our runs and talk about other topics, like gardening, family gatherings and various hobbies. Please feel free to visit and if you are not interested in joining we would still welcome a post telling about yourself and your running experiences. I realize many will not want the bother, but if you think you might like to check it out here is a link: https://www.runningahead.com/groups/50o5K/