tired legs (Read 878 times)

I am a sophomore running XC and whenever it comes to races, my legs get really tired by the second mile. I've been running for two years. Currently, I elevate my legs for 15 minutes after runs and it helped last year, but not this year. Is there anything else I can do?
    mikeymike

Are you going out too fast? It's tough not to, I know. I remember from high school races (like a hundred years ago) that there was so much adrenaline and nervous energy leading up to the races and then we'd go charging out hard that there was always a let down once I was 2/3 of the way into the race. Plus there's the fact that a lot of times you're doing 2 hard workouts AND 1 or 2 races a week and you should have tired legs most of the time, except for a few big meets where you actually rest for it.

Runners run

stef007

Hi! I've also experienced that before. What I did was I just followed what my trainer have said regarding the right posture for running and I also rehydrate myself well, 'coz sometimes "tired" muscles are due to lack of fluid. Smile Stef
          I don't think I'm going out too fast... probably in the middle of the pack.