year to date comparison (Read 849 times)

Is something like that here?

Where I could say, "Oh, I've run X miles this year. And last year on this date, I ran X-? and the year before, X-??"

If there is (short of adding them up manually) I haven't seen it.

Do I need this?

No.

Just wondering.

After all, we have the option of bars or glass rods.

Lazy idiot

You can do a search through the reports section of your training log.  Use custom dates.

That's how I do it.

Tick tock

See my log for a graph of years' training since 2004.

Although I still havn't figured out why the colours signifying different types of runs are in different orders in different years.

See my log for a graph of years' training since 2004.

This is nice, but it's not what Dan is asking.

He is wanting to see YTD by year. He wants to compare 1/1/2008 through 4/1/2008 to 1/1/2009 through 4/1/2009 to 1/1/2010 through 4/1/2010. And like Drew said, you can do it with reports, but you would have to run it separately for each year using custom dates which is still way way easier than adding it up manually.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

This is nice, but it's not what Dan is asking.

He is wanting to see YTD by year. He wants to compare 1/1/2008 through 4/1/2008 to 1/1/2009 through 4/1/2009 to 1/1/2010 through 4/1/2010. And like Drew said, you can do it with reports, but you would have to run it separately for each year using custom dates which is still way way easier than adding it up manually.

Ah, seen.

I did come up with a sheet to do it on excel quick after I understood what you were asking, and was interested myself.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0g0873/n/Year_to_Date.xls

Use the export from the RA log and paste it into the log sheet, or connect to it as an external source, or refresh data, or something. I'm actually not positive how it'll work on someone else's computer, but you're welcome to it.

I'm a bit more of a geek than I thought I still was.

eric :)

This is a great idea.  I've added it to my todo list, although I'm not sure how best to do it yet.
                  Eric, this feature gets my vote.  I have to manually figure it to compare YTD from last year.

Thanks for the great running log, Dennis

Almost_Barefoot_Barry

This is a great idea.  I've added it to my todo list, although I'm not sure how best to do it yet.

you might want to consider implementing it to achieve both the initial request and another generic feature.    FetchEveryone has a vey nice feature where you can graph your current progress vs a target (which might be based on your last year, or might simply be a target you set for yourself.

Ideally you could set the start date, the end date, and the total miles.

nearly barefoot (minimilistic)