Race in 6 weeks. Need advice. (Read 70 times)

localoutoftowner

I signed up for a 10 mile race awhile back. Throughout the last year I have trained consistently 40-50mpw with speed work once a week and one long run typically. Over the last month I had my licensing exam and had some family come in and have only been managing about 15 mpw for the last three or four weeks. I recently have had issues keeping paces that I would normally feel just fine with. My race is in exactly six weeks. I have not had a real structured week in about a month. Anyone have any advice for me as to how to prepare these next few weeks?

an amazing likeness

Just log whatever miles you can. Ignore pace, or comparing your current paces to where you were when running more regularly. Since your race is a 10-miler, some intervals and/or tempo work will help, but were I in your shoes, I would be careful to resist the temptation to make most of your miles hard.

tl:dr version: Run as much as you can, mostly easy, sometimes harder.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

localoutoftowner

Last week was 25 miles. This week will be around 30. Even though I have a good base, I'm just worried about going into the race over trained. Maybe I'm just over thinking it.