Wanted to share my run today - San Francisco (Read 927 times)

kcam

Fooling around with Google map and web albums ... Took the week off and have been running in places I haven't been able to get to in a while. Today's run was gorgeous and I brought the camera. It was an out and back starting from Ocean Beach in SF going up into the GGNRA, the Presidio, across the GG Bridge, and then down to Fort Baker on the other side of the bridge. Turn it around and it comes to about 16 very hilly miles (and I was very happy to soak my legs in the water when it was all done)! I tried to place some of the photos on a map so you can get an idea of where they were. But just go to the pics and click through them. Probably too many pics but I got carried away. Ocean Beach to Fort Baker
      Great pictures! This is my favorite, because I love the beach and thinking of how good it would feel to hit that water after a run makes this picture even better. Smile

Michelle

redleaf

Wow! It is lovely out there. I'll be visiting in November!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gorgeous! SF is a place I hope to visit someday. What an excellent place to run! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Half Fanatic #846

Thanks for sharing those great pics! The humidity almost got to me, but it was well worth it Wink.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Just Be

I bet that having your camera there and all those awesome things to take pictures of made those 16 miles seem to pass by way more quickly!
              AnneCA

This is my favorite, because I love the beach and thinking of how good it would feel to hit that water after a run makes this picture even better. Smile
                Does your answer change to hear that the water temperature was probably 58 degrees? Wink Great way to spend some time on your week off, Ken -- thanks for sharing the pics!
                  Does your answer change to hear that the water temperature was probably 58 degrees? Wink
                  No, it just means a heck of lot less time in the water! Big grin

Michelle

kcam

I'm glad y'all enjoyed the pics - I sure enjoyed the run! I used to do that route a lot about 6 years ago. My wife (gf at the time) lived right off Ocean Beach - I really miss being able to run GG park and the beach. SF is a great place to train. BTW, my wife and I got married at the Cliff House. Normally in the summer it is foggy like in the pics every, single day but on our wedding day (in late May) the sun came out and it was an incredible day! We had our wedding right out on the deck overlooking the Ocean - so gorgeous. So that place has some special meaning for me.
                    runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Gorgeous! SF is a place I hope to visit someday. What an excellent place to run! Smile
                      Me too

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

onehappyrocker

Thanx for sharing that. I'll be up there in October to run the Nike Women's Marathon. Cool

Imminent Catastrophe

I used to get to SFO semi-regularly and did that very run, only starting from the Ferry Terminal, along the Embarcadero, over the GG Bridge (this happens to be the first third of the San Francisco Marathon), back over the bridge, down to Ocean Beach, and back to the start. I specially loaded my iPod with Grateful Dead tunes for these runs! Thanks for sharing, it revived memories of some great long runs.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016