groin pain (Read 708 times)

qwerty85

A week and a half ago, I ran in half mile circles in the same direction for a while... since then I have had groin pain on my right side (the outside on the circle.) 

I feel it when I walk up stairs or try to step over the tub to get in the shower, but not while running or the rest of the time.  However, it does seem like it is harder to go up stairs after a run then if I haven't run yet that day.

What is this, and is it okay to run through until it gets better (as long as I avoid small circles, which I can do for a little while.) or do I need to rest it?

Thanks. 

#artbydmcbride

My rule of thumb has always been 'if it doesn't hurt while running, then it is okay to run through it'   I have no idea if this is medically correct, but it is what I always do.  Big grin

Runners run

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

My rule of thumb has always been 'if it doesn't hurt while running, then it is okay to run through it'   I have no idea if this is medically correct, but it is what I always do.  Big grin

+1

steph  

jwowen218

sounds like it could be the psoas. google 'tight psoas" or "psoas and running". something like that. i've been having weird hip, lower back discomfort and, oddly, this bizarre abdominal and groin ache. i am 99% sure it's my psoas. the difficulty going up stairs sounds just like the psoas, and yes, mine does not hurt when i run. trying to decided if i should move forward with marathon training.

Ojo

I am also having this issue right now with my right leg.  It hurts mainly when I sit down, cross my leg, and especially when tying my right shoe.  It does not really hurt while running -- usually the first few steps are tight but then it loosens up.  Unfortunately, I overdid it yesterday and am paying for it today.  I will probably have to take a few easy days off to let it rest.  I had this happen a few months ago and was fine after a few days of "rest".**

**  Since I am a streaker resting is a 1 mile shuffle! 

Sara

MM #2929

Loves the outdoors

Last week I suddenly developed groin pain during a trail run in slightly icy conditions. I didn't notice doing anything in particular, but I suspect running over a log I may have pulled it slightly. I had stopped running for several days until I was no longer having the sharp pains so frequently when I was walking. It still hurts when putting on socks and taking larger steps up or down hill/stairs but I had no pain during todays flat run. I don't know if I could have run earlier, but a few days off has certainly reduced my pain.

MTA : I don't generally injure myself, but I've had two injuries last week on the same side of my body. I do wonder if the first, which was caused by having mega fun sliding in the snow, has caused the second. 

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.