Hats? (Read 570 times)

Hey, Do any of you wear hats while running in a race? I have a lot of hair (its curly) so it kind of sweats a lot, and I was thinking that wearing a thing hat would keep my hair up and and out of my face so I 1) dont sweat a lot and 2) don't keep pushing it from my eyes. What do you do?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I ALWAYS wear a hat...a wicking ball cap during the warmer months and something to cover my ears when it's colder. My main reason to wear a hat is to wick sweat off of my forehead and keep it out of my eyes. But it also helps keep my forehead and scalp from sunburning. My very favorite caps are made by Brooks. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'm a big fan of wicking visors during races. They keep the hair and head sweat off my face, keep the sun out of my eyes, yet allow the breeze to hit my scalp so it can "breathe".
          Yep! I wear either a wicking hat or visor, depending on the weather, for the same reasons the others have mentioned above. I also bring along an extra hat or visor to wear after the race, that isn't all sweaty.
          Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
            Yeah, I have a dri-fit hat I got from a tennis camp a few years ago... it always kept the sweat and stuff out of my face during tennis tournaments, so it should do the same during races! Thanks
              Yep, love wearing a hat. 1) Normally when I put on sunscreen, the sweat makes my eyes burn. Hat = no sunscreen. 2) Allows me to pour water into the hat to stay cool. Works great. 3) Prevents sweat from getting into my eyes.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, love wearing a hat. 1) Normally when I put on sunscreen, the sweat makes my eyes burn. Hat = no sunscreen.
                Yeah, there is NO sweat-proof sunscreen on this chick. I've given up even trying. Plus sweat + the chemicals always irritates the hell outta my skin on any part of my body. I'd rather take my chances with a little sunburn. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I can't survive without my Nike wicking visors... I wouldn't be able to see if I didn't have them! I have thick curly hair as well, and hats make me too hot.
                    I love my bright yellow Nike dry fit (baseball like) hat. It makes me an easier target for the driv.... errr, I mean, it helps with visibility!
                    2009: BQ?

Go Pre!

I just had to say this...Is Zoom Zoom the queen of "First to reply" or what Smile
                        I can't run without my visor. Keeps the wispys out of my face and I don't wear sunglasses. I wear it whether I run at 5am or noon.

Jennifer mm#1231