Trent.. (Read 1306 times)

Double IPA Please!

Do you know anything about complex ovarian cysts?

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Double IPA Please!

I do. And this: Undecided
      Well, back in August I was sick for some unrelated things and I was in the ER and one of the things I had done was an abdominal MRI and they saw a cyst on my L ovary. I had to have it rescanned 6-8 weeks..Friday I had the repeat- regular and a Trans Dead. My Primary called yesterday and told me I need to follow up with my GYN because I have 2 Complex Cysts. One on each side Cry. My appt for my GYN is next week. However, in the mean time I have been of course scouring the net. I'm honestly worried. They gave me the dimensions (I called back to ask) and they also said that my R had what they are also calling a legion..It was the nurse and it sounded as if she was trying to decipher the results to me as she was talking. So of course I ended up calling my Primary back last night just for piece of mind and he really was no help other than saying that it's best to have these removed, since they are Non Functional Cysts as well as to lower the risk of anything else developing. Ugh. Next week feels like forever and a day. mta- they seem pretty small so far- something like 1.5x2 something cent. for one and I cannot recall the other ones size and Ill be damned if I can find the paper I wrote on. Angry

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Not legion. Lesion. But I am not sure what they mean. Did you mean Ultrasound instead of MRI? Cysts are VERY common. Whenever you ovulate, you create a cyst in the ovary where the ovulation occurred. That is the normal course of events. Usually the cysts go away within a short period. Occasionally they don't. When they don't, they can sit there and do nothing or they can swell up and cause pain. Lots of pain. Pain like you wish you were dead kinda pain. This is uncommon, but does happen. More commonly, when the cysts sit around, they do nothing. If you get multiple cysts over time and they don't go away, this is called polycystic ovary. PCO is also reasonably common and is often associated with a syndrome of being overweight, having hypertension and insulin resistance (you will see this when you look on the web), but this combination is not likely what you have. More likely, you just have old cysts that have piled up and become complex (meaning cysts within cysts). The reason everybody is taking this so seriously is that ovarian cancer can sometimes look like this. Ovarian cancer does happen, but is also fairly uncommon, especially at your age. So generally, I would NOT be worried about that. I suspect that your doc's thought is this: combine the (rare) cancer risk with the fact that big complex cysts can make your ovaries not work as well (i.e., menopause is on its way!), your docs may want you to take these out. That way you will be sure there is no cancer AND the cysts won't cause any trouble. But again, I would typically not worry about ocarian cancer just on the basis of cysts. Check with your OB tho.

Double IPA Please!

Ugh, sorry. I'm flustered.. They did an Abdominal Scan (back in August) because I presented with chest pain along with some upper GI Issues. I also had an elevated d-dimer. So I was put through the gamut that day/night. One of the things they ordered was the scan and in that report was when they saw the Cyst. Primary ordered a follow-up ultrasound for 6-8 weeks later and last week I had the repeat. Yesterday the Primary called (well his nurse) and told me that I do not have 1 but 2 and they are classifying them as Complex vs Functional. So, I've been in a tizzy reading all kinds of stuff. I dont recall in what context she used the word Lesion- thanks- I knew how to spell that Clowning around I have always had issues with very painful ovulations. Some months I could have a day where 2 hours out of that day I could hardly sit because the pain shot through my back end (A little more than you wanted to know about me..eh? Blush) and I of course would always talk to my GYN during my yearly exams and she would always just hand me a script for Ibuprofin and tell me this was normal with some women. Every month I usually get very sore on my left side and it is usually combined with the runs and feeling sick on my stomach. Some months after I ovulate I'm sore for a few days aferward. When I was sick in August and the attending at the ER was palpating my stomach (I was getting ready to ovulate) it was so tender he could barely palpate. However, I was so worried about my elevated d-dimer that I never thought to mention why the pain was bad there. Hindsight- I wish I did. Sooo, I have a little relief reading your post. Still gonna be nervous until the GYN sees me.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hang in there! And take some ibuprofen Big grin Dumbass. Wink

Double IPA Please!

Hang in there! And take some ibuprofen Big grin Dumbass. Wink
              Thanks for the info..dumbass.. Tongue Hey, at least you made me smile. I've had a hard time doing that in the last day.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Double IPA Please!

One more question.. What is the recovery time for a Laparoscopy? Will I not be able to run for awhile?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

One more question.. What is the recovery time for a Laparoscopy? Will I not be able to run for awhile?
                  Depends on what they do. Probably a year or two. But at least a week or three.

Double IPA Please!

Depends on what they do. Probably a year or two. But at least a week or three.
                    dammit. Okay.

Trent - what is the recovery time for a stress fracture?
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Longer than for a lap oophorectomy.

jules2

Trent how long is a piece of string.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Double IPA Please!

Trent how long is a piece of string.
                            This is funny how? I was asking a serious question Roll eyes