Looking for someone to take over HandyRunner (Read 1656 times)

derek

Hi,

For those of you that don't know, I am the author of the HandyRunner app for Android,  I've been noticing requests for new features and updates to the app, but I just don't have the time plus I'm no longer an Android user.  I have been seduced by Apple and I have switched to an iPhone about a month ago :-)

I'm looking to see if there is anyone out there that would be interested in taking over the Handy Runner app.    Please only consider this after you have taken the time to evaluate if you really want to take it over and will have the time or motivation to continue improving it.

If you're interested, send me a PM with your email address and we can continue the discussion over email.

Derek

Derek

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hi,

For those of you that don't know, I am the author of the HandyRunner app for Android,  I've been noticing requests for new features and updates to the app, but I just don't have the time plus I'm no longer an Android user.  I have been seduced by Apple and I have switched to an iPhone about a month ago :-)

Might there be an iPhone app in the works at some point...? Evil

Good to see you, Derek. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

derek

I don't plan to write one for the iPhone :-)

Derek 

Derek

magggus

hi,

i love the handy runner!!

i am a developer, was just starting to get into android. 

i would be interested in at least have a look at it.

markus

daveloud

I don't plan to write one for the iPhone :-)

Derek 

Even if we beg?????

Patzer

Why not open source it and check it into github?

Current goal: an Olympic distance triathlon. Did two of them! New goal: a half-ironman?? Did that too. New goal: I'll have to get back to you.

+1

magggus

Yeah. sounds good. I have never worked with github and android app developent together. I read that you have to have a setup fee for an app. If there is time. I would love to help.
                    What is it written in?

Patzer

Android apps are written in Java (with rare exception).

Current goal: an Olympic distance triathlon. Did two of them! New goal: a half-ironman?? Did that too. New goal: I'll have to get back to you.

Francois Nel

Hi,

Even before I have seen this post I though of suggesting that I have a look at the app, because I would love to have this app working. I'm a software engineer by profession. Even though I have not coded in Andriod before am I confident that I'll pick it up quickly.

Give me a shout if you still need someone.

Greetings,

Francois Nel

claudiainoah

Please please please??? I am planning to get an iPhone!

I like the github idea, because I was just thinking that it would be nice to have handy runner with some extra features. I figured, well if I had the source I could just add the features myself. Anyway, I thinking open sourcing it would be the best solution.