First 20 mile week (Read 862 times)

Yea me!!!!! Cool Back when I first started in January I set a goal for myself of 20mpw. Doing simple math I figured that is what I needed to able to loose 1 pound a week from running alone. First week started with three 0.7 mile runs that absolutely kicked my rear. Every week I increased my weekly milage by an average 10%. Some weeks I increased more and some I cut back on some. Now I have to come up with a new goal. I don't 10% rule will work for me much longer. I could not imagine doing 40 mile weeks as soon as August. I think I am gonna shoot for an increase of about 5 miles per week every month or so. I think that should be a very sustainable increase. Long term plan: I want to run a marathon. I am not gonna make any kinds of plans that direction till I have at least a consistent 35 mpw base for awhile. I don't think there are any races I am interested in locally till the fall. So another words I need to find a bit of direction now for my running. I started as an overweight (255 pounds) sedentary smoker and progressed to a slightly less overweight (228pounds) running addict. I think I have done okay for myself. Not bad for 5 months of work.

Queen of 3rd Place

Way to go Chris! Keep up the good work. That weight loss is pretty impressive, too, BTW. Arla

Ex runner

That is awesome. I want to work my way up to 20 mpw also. You're an inspiration
        Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
          Way to go! After only 5 months too! You've inspired me to try to increase to 20 as well. I just hit 15 mpw and I've been at this for a year! Time to push out of that comfort zone - again. Laker

A Saucy Wench

Great job!!!! And yeah, 10% only works for so long!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Another Passion

Way to go, Chris. Consistency is key. Keep at it and keep up the great work. You're doing awesome!

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Thank you for all the support. I think Running Ahead is gonna help me stick with it. Accountability really helps.
                runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats! Twenty-five can not be far off.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I can totally see 25, 30 looks very scary.
                      I can totally see 25, 30 looks very scary.
                      That's how it works. Keep your eyes on 25. Once you get there you will be able to totally see 30.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?