Uploaded to server, not showing up to save (Read 546 times)

eric :)

Sorry about the late reply.  I've been looking into the problem for the last several hours and didn't think to post an update here.

I've been working on the next major release of RA.  The code is kept separate from the web site because it's not ready.  Without getting technical, the new code somehow ended up processing the GPS uploaded workouts, which is confusing the website.  As a result, the data importer is refusing to process the workouts, which is why your workouts haven't appeared in your account yet.

I'm working to extricate the old and the new code, which should get the data importer going again.  I don't have an ETA on this because rushing it may lead to bigger problems.

A Saucy Wench

Thanks eric! 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

RunRepeat

Thanks, Eric!  Glad to hear it's not just me.  Smile

Sorry about the late reply.  I've been looking into the problem for the last several hours and didn't think to post an update here.

I've been working on the next major release of RA.  The code is kept separate from the web site because it's not ready.  Without getting technical, the new code somehow ended up processing the GPS uploaded workouts, which is confusing the website.  As a result, the data importer is refusing to process the workouts, which is why your workouts haven't appeared in your account yet.

I'm working to extricate the old and the new code, which should get the data importer going again.  I don't have an ETA on this because rushing it may lead to bigger problems.

Thanks Eric for all the time and energy you give to this website. I am a developer myself and know these things happen. Personally, I would be okay if you took your time and fixed it next week. Enjoy the weekend.

running is somewhat like playing golf to me.   crappy shots all day long, ready to give it up & wondering why I'm trying so hard just to get this stupid little ball into a stupid little hole but then out of the blue comes a monster drive or a long putt that actually gets into the cup.  bingo! that one shot keeps me going for the rest of day no matter how crappy I continue to play & gets me back out again on another day.   strange. -- skyedog

I got the data importer up and running again.  However, it is still unable to process what's already been queued up.  I'm working it on.

The importer is back online again.  It is processing all the data in the queue right now.  Due to the large number of imports (I have no idea there can be so many imports each day), it will take about an hour before everything is processed.

If you uploaded your data multiple times, you'll get duplicates.  Make sure you delete them before saving to your log.  I apologize for any inconvenience.

eric Smile

HermosaBoy

The importer is back online again.  It is processing all the data in the queue right now.  Due to the large number of imports (I have no idea there can be so many imports each day), it will take about an hour before everything is processed.

eric Smile

Thanks for your timely response Eric.

As always, you rock!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Ojo

Thank you Eric!  I really appreciate all your hard work!

Sara

MM #2929

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

+1

steph  

Bob Bob and Bob

Thank you.  Much appreciated.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

+3Smile

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

A Saucy Wench

Is this happening again, or is it just me?

Oh wait....there it is, never mind.  Took about 10 minutes to show. 

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Normally I wouldn't believe you but I witnessed it yesterday when Amy was uploading her data.  It took several minutes before it showed up.  I don't know what happened.  My guess is a new user was importing his entire training log, which usually ties up the importer for a couple of minutes.

A Saucy Wench

Normally I wouldn't believe you but I witnessed it yesterday when Amy was uploading her data.  It took several minutes before it showed up.  I don't know what happened.  My guess is a new user was importing his entire training log, which usually ties up the importer for a couple of minutes.

eric, eric eric.  Not normally  believing me.    Sob.