athlinks alternative? (Read 131 times)

are there other options to claim/store/keep track of race results?

athlinks I use to love but lately it seems to really be dragging and spotty.

thanks.

300m- 37 sec.

ViBe71

I'm in the same boat with you and no, I'm not aware of any good alternative database. We could only hope that eventually Athlinks improves, they were definitely not up to speed lately.

I used to keep the links to race results for my races in Excel, maybe it's something you'd want to do...

Frequent Racer Group

PRs: 400m- 1:04.94 (2015) / 1M - 5:13 (2022 & 2023) / 5K -18:23 (2017) / 5M - 31:14 (2022) / 10K - 39:29 (2018) / 10M -1:05:11 (2023) / HM - 1:27:34 (2023) / FM -3:15:08 (2023)

Coming up:   Be Kind 5k (4/13/24), Bookin for Lookin 10k (4/21/24), Broad Street 10M (5/5/24)

You know, there's a place right here on this site where you can keep track of all your runs, including your races.

Dave

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yeah, as far as I can tell, the only thing Athlinks is good for is stalking other runners.  It was pretty good for that, last time I checked.

Yeah, as far as I can tell, the only thing Athlinks is good for is stalking other runners.  It was pretty good for that, last time I checked.

Agreed.

Dave

paul2432

How about a notebook or a Word or Excel document?  It doesn't have to be online.

chaplanger

Home from Iraq 2005

Lots of grief being given Athlinks here. I must admit I've only started using their site this past Summer. The #1 thing they offer - finisher certificates from all of your races. These they do very well. I even found one from overseas! Now, are there issues - absolutely. One thing I've found is that the moderators of the site are very quick to address and fix issues when brought to their attention. To me, the site tries to bite off too much with a database that lets you plan and track future races. This feature seems very beta.

5k: -- 26:12 (12/17/2016)

10k: 58:36 (6/14/2016)

Half: 2:08:23 (7/4/2015)

Longest: 15.03 (5/31/2014)

Half Marathon Bucket List Goals: 15 of 50 states completed / 2 of 7 Continents completed.

A finisher's certificate is the last thing I would use Athlinks for.  What would you do with them?

A finisher's certificate is the last thing I would use Athlinks for.  What would you do with them?

Heh, funny you should ask. When I registered for Boston, my race was not in their database. The registration page requested further details to be able to validate my time, including a finisher's certificate. I went back to look for the results on my race website, and it linked me to Athlinks. From there I could display a finisher's certificate, which I screen-shotted & submitted with my registration. Which was ultimately accepted. So I guess it's good for something.

Dave

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Heh, funny you should ask. When I registered for Boston, my race was not in their database. The registration page requested further details to be able to validate my time, including a finisher's certificate. I went back to look for the results on my race website, and it linked me to Athlinks. From there I could display a finisher's certificate, which I screen-shotted & submitted with my registration. Which was ultimately accepted. So I guess it's good for something.

This seems to indicate that Boston is not very picky about the documentation they will accept, no?

This seems to indicate that Boston is not very picky about the documentation they will accept, no?

IK,R? I fooled them!!

In reality they might have completely ignored what I sent, and maybe even got a good laugh out of it. I'm pretty sure my entry had to be manually verified in some manner, as I did not get my acceptance till the day they announced the cutoff. My result is pretty easy to check, but I have no idea what their verification process is.

Dave

delicate flower

I haven't experienced any slowness with their website, other than them taking 7-10 days to post results, unless the race uses Athlinks for timing, in which case the results are posted immediately.

Their usefulness for stalking other runners cannot be overstated.

<3